habibe99

Default Holding a sub box in place in your trunk

Hey, I was wondering what people use to hold their sub woofer boxes in place in
their trunks. I have a 2001 maxima and it slides around in the trunk, has come
unplugged twiced with luckly no damage to the speaker or amp. are there any
things on the market made to hold a subwoofer in place that you don't have to
screw down? some ideas would be appreciated. thanks
-Slick Nick
cujo613

UMM L BRACKETS.

--
cujo613

M Latoski

UMM L BRACKETS.

"are there any things on the market made to hold a subwoofer in place that
you don't have to screw down??

I think you're missing his point......You would surely have to screw down L
brackets; read the whole post next time.

Mike

JIF

Velcro or some of that rubber matting they put under rugs and in the
bottom of drawers. I like to use motorcycle straps, but I've never used
them in the trunk. They aren't very good looking either. You could
probably use a blast or two of spray adhesive just to make the surface
more tacky.

--
JIF

sanitarium

I haven't come across any, short of glassing the vehicle and integrating
the enclosure solid to the vehicle. I use several large L brackets,
drill holes through the metal sub-floor and use stainless steel anchor
bolts and washers to bolt the sucker securely. Removing the box is a
pain. But its secure in my hatchback, and I dont have to worry about
getting flogged in the head with 100+ pounds of magnet, cast Aluminum
and MDF during a collision.

Ive seen velcro, backpack straps, cargo netting other ideas that work to
prevent the box from sliding. But IMHO would not hold up in a collision.

Garrett

habibe99 wrote:
Hey, I was wondering what people use to hold their sub woofer boxes in place in
their trunks. I have a 2001 maxima and it slides around in the trunk, has come
unplugged twiced with luckly no damage to the speaker or amp. are there any
things on the market made to hold a subwoofer in place that you don't have to
screw down? some ideas would be appreciated. thanks
-Slick Nick

cujo613

industrial velcro holds pretty good. Sorry about the caps i was ranting
on another thread.

--
cujo613

habibe99

Thanks all very much, velcro sounds like a pretty good idea. I have my amp set
up on the underside of my trunk so I can take the box out of needed. any idea
where to get industrial velcro? I've seen places with the little "dots" of
velcro but never any big "heavy duty" strips or anything. thanks a lot
-Slick Nick
Tony Fernandes

I realize you said you don't want to screw it down to the floor, but why? I
also have a 2K1 Maxima. My box is in the left rear corner of the trunk. I
have an L bracket on the bottom front of the box and on the upper left side,
attached to the side of the trunk. Both brackets are underneath the
carpeting and you can hardly see them. Good luck whatever you decide.

Tony

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that
he simply doesn't exist at all? And that we created him so that we wouldn't
have to feel so small and alone. -Eleanor Arroway, Contact