Licensed to Quill

Default Manual cassette release on Sony 10 CD car player

Got a CDX-52 10 CD changer for my car which wont release its cassette. I
have the top off and still cant find any way of manually releasing the CD
cassette

Does anyone have any experience with these? The repair shop got it stuck in
and I seem to remember manually releasing the cassette last time but this
time it is stuck tight. Is there a manual release or is it SUPPOSED only to
release electronically? (It wouldn't do that either)

I don't think that the tray is open in any way and the CD doesn't seem to
have moved any distance inside the machine so cant see why I cant release it
mechanically.

I bought another one with only the female plugs on that panel on the side of
the unit to switch over (Cant figure out why those plugs are different, I
was told
that all Sony connectors are the same, but I presume replacement is fairly
easy?)

Licensed to Quill