Paul Vina

Default Which Image Dynamics subwoofer.....are they that good?

The IDQ's are better sounding, work in slightly smaller boxes, handle more
power and sound better.

Paul Vina

"Jim" wrote in message
Dear all

I've read many reports about the IDmax subs all good and not one bad. I

may
consider to try one for my setup on the 10" size. I have a max of 300rms

at
2ohms to play with so which 10" would be ideal for tight responsive bass
with a bit of SPL. I looked through sounddomain and came up with the

below
two 10" subs...any good? Sealed boxes are best for this brand of sub?

Image Dynamics ID10 v.3
Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 V.2

Any advice? What's the difference between their ID and IDQ subwoofers?

Thanks

Jim

Jim

Thanks Paul

How much difference between a 10" vs a 12"?

Thanks

Jim

--
..
. net...

"Jim" wrote in message
Dear all

I've read many reports about the IDmax subs all good and not one bad. I

may
consider to try one for my setup on the 10" size. I have a max of

300rms
at
2ohms to play with so which 10" would be ideal for tight responsive bass
with a bit of SPL. I looked through sounddomain and came up with the

below
two 10" subs...any good? Sealed boxes are best for this brand of sub?

Image Dynamics ID10 v.3
Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 V.2

Any advice? What's the difference between their ID and IDQ subwoofers?

Thanks

Jim

Paul Hanley

Difference in what, cabinet size, or sound quality? THe difference in
sound will probably be minimal, but that depends if you have a
discerning ear. I agree with Paul on the IDQ though. I had a v1 10"
and it was great. I recently ordered an IDQ12 and can't wait for it to
get here. It's going in a sealed 0.88 box. Great subs.

Paul Hanley

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:45:47 +0800, "Jim" wrote:

Thanks Paul

How much difference between a 10" vs a 12"?

Thanks

Jim

rwillis23

Get the IDMAX 10", and put it in around 1.75cuft. ported enclosure tuned
around 30hz and you'll be louder and sound better than any of the other
options you have with ID.
--
rwillis23
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=151255

Paul Hanley

That's interesting, they've matched non-authorized dealer prices for
me twice already on ID stuff (both CX62s and an IDQ12 v2).

Paul Hanley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message news:seQTa.120104$OZ2.24198@rwcrnsc54...
I tried that and they said from other authorized dealers only, so they
wouldn't match anyone online.

Paul Vina

"Paul Hanley" wrote in message
Or go to sounddomain.com and buy one from them using their price match
guarantee.

Th3Franz

A friend of mine has 3 Image Dynamics 10" subs in a sealed box in his
Jeep Wrangler, so the box isn't very large. I think they are the ID MAX
10 SPL subs. Anyway, since they are in a sealed box they sound amazing
and I think he hit 144 dB with one of the subs being dead (he's
returning that one). They are a little pricey, but if you get enough
power to them they are awesome.
When I upgrade the system in my car, I think I'm gonna go with ID.
--
Th3Franz
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=151255