the_flying_kilt

Default New CD Player for 1998 Accord Coupe

Hello all,

I am finally getting around to replacing my stock CD player in my 1998
Accord Coupe after the CD player finally stopped working. I'm faced
with a bit of a pickle though. I REALLY like using the steering wheel
controls on my Accord to adjust volumn and change stations/tracks.
That's why I haven't thought of changing out the head unit until now.

Does anyone know of any CD receiver that will work with the steering
wheel controls? I have a feeling there aren't any, but thought I
would at least ask around.

Your advice/help is really appreciated.

David

You can use PAC's interface SWI-V to control most remote control-equipped
aftermarket radios (like Pioneer JVC, etc)... The module lets to 'remap'
your steering wheel controls to any button on the aftermarket remote
control.

Hope this info helps,

David
UnderTheDash.com

"the_flying_kilt" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

I am finally getting around to replacing my stock CD player in my 1998
Accord Coupe after the CD player finally stopped working. I'm faced
with a bit of a pickle though. I REALLY like using the steering wheel
controls on my Accord to adjust volumn and change stations/tracks.
That's why I haven't thought of changing out the head unit until now.

Does anyone know of any CD receiver that will work with the steering
wheel controls? I have a feeling there aren't any, but thought I
would at least ask around.

Your advice/help is really appreciated.

Jerry Belluomini

Go to www.handaaccessories.com and check out the console mounted CD changer.
It is controlled by the radio so I assume that all the controls will work.
This might be the better way to go.
"the_flying_kilt" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

I am finally getting around to replacing my stock CD player in my 1998
Accord Coupe after the CD player finally stopped working. I'm faced
with a bit of a pickle though. I REALLY like using the steering wheel
controls on my Accord to adjust volumn and change stations/tracks.
That's why I haven't thought of changing out the head unit until now.

Does anyone know of any CD receiver that will work with the steering
wheel controls? I have a feeling there aren't any, but thought I
would at least ask around.

Your advice/help is really appreciated.

the_flying_kilt

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I decided to order the Alpine
s630 CD changer and hook it up to my stock head unit. So far,
everything I've read leads me to believe that this will still allow me
to use my steering wheel controls for volumn, etc. Thanks again!

portable MP3-DVD player Jenny General 0 May 23rd 04 06:01 PM
Looking for a CD player with specific features... George Thorogood General 2 May 11th 04 04:57 PM
Looking for a portable CD player with a real resume feature Bice General 0 July 27th 03 04:19 PM
CD Player Problems jbicking Car Audio 0 July 19th 03 04:42 PM
In-Dash MP3 Player question Vickie Car Audio 2 July 13th 03 08:23 PM