Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer[_2_] Engineer[_2_] is offline

Default "Free" defective Fisher OPT

Hi, Vacuumlanders,
I bought two Fisher P-P OPT's on eBay but one has an open circuit 1/2
primary! Seller refunded 1/2 the money. I have no use for it as I
don't wind or rewind OPT's and have no interest in SE use (although it
would not like the high net DC in the primary), also it's too big for
radios - about 20 - 25 watt size.
Anyone who wants it for the iron (or copper) can have it just for the
postage - first come first served. Hate to just chuck it out!
Packed, it would be about 6 lbs, 5x5x5 inches. Canada Post website
gives CDN$19, say US$16, to the mid-west USA (no "handling" or packing
fee.) Torontonians and "GTAers" - free pick-up!
Send me an email.
Cheers,
Roger
PS. Visible email address is fake for anti-spam - use "analogdino
attaboy rogers dotty-as-they-come", suitably decoded.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer[_2_] Engineer[_2_] is offline

On Oct 10, 6:41*pm, Engineer wrote:

(snip)

Send me an email.
Cheers,
Roger
PS. *Visible email address is fake for anti-spam - use "analogdino
attaboy rogers dotty-as-they-come", suitably decoded.

I have received puzzled comments about my encoded email address,
allegedly, too arcane! Try this one:
"analogdino at(taboy) rogers dot(ty-as-they-)com(e)"
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Fisher defective OPT

This is why I would rather spend a little more and buy new transformers. I
recommend removing the endbells and chiseling the windings off with a
chisel and giving the lams to any one who wants to wind something but
probably no one around does. Mostly people use new lams because they are
not expensive.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.tubes/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Oct 19, 6:07*pm, "BretLudwig" wrote:
*This is why I would rather spend a little more and buy new transformers. I
recommend removing the endbells and chiseling the windings off with a
chisel and giving the lams to any one who wants to wind something but
probably no one around does. Mostly people use new lams because they are
not expensive.

--
Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.tubes/
More information athttp://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

You may be right, Bret, but the lams will not weigh much less than the
intact OPT and no one local (Toronto area) wants to pick them up. I'm
contemplating trying to disassemble the lams by pulling out some end
ones until all are loose and I can get at intact the windings coils.
I may have some uses for the wire.
Cheers,
Roger
PS. Wouldn't it be great if the broken 1/2 primary wire was right on
the outside! I know... pigs might fly!