AL

Default cutting out

Hi all, I have a Sony CA720X head unit hooked up to a couple of amps. I
find my head unit is cutting out for a few seconds then comes back on.
It does this 8 or nine times then sy=tays on for quite awhile before
cutting out again. The head unit shuts right off, no lights or display.
What could be causing this?
Thanks
AL