Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt[_9_] Matt[_9_] is offline

Default Head unit cutting out, prob. simple solution... HELP ;)

Hi,

I have a Sony head unit (CDX-MP70) RMS 23x4 Peak 52x4. I have it hooked up
to 4 Infinity Kappa 62.5i 6.5 speakers. When I turn up the volume maybe a
little less than half way or more on the head unit the unit cuts out/shuts
off, then in about 5 seconds it pops back on and continues playing, but will
cut out again if I don't lower the volume. From what I understand the head
unit should handle the speakers no problem. Can anyone shed some light on
what might be the problem? The head unit (in the back) does get warm-hot
but not real hot to the touch. No water damage or other phsyical damage has
been done.

Thanks for any info.

-Matt