Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] vfbundy@hotmail.com is offline

Default 1000 CD collection; digital music server way to go?

I have a 1000 CD collection. Ideally, what I'd like to do is to store
it all on a digital music server, plug it into my receiver, and DONE.
However, I notice the price of digital music servers are quite high.
That's fine (I guess), but the problem I have is that these digital
audio servers offer all these features I DON'T want, such as wireless
connections, having music in five different zones in my house, etc.
What I basically want is to have all my music on one device, and have
it wired into one receiver.

This being said, is the digital music server the way to go? Am I
paying a lot for features that I'll never use? Or...the main question
is...is there another device/method besides the digital music server
that would better fit my needs?

Thanks for any input.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote ...
I have a 1000 CD collection. Ideally, what I'd like to do is to store
it all on a digital music server, plug it into my receiver, and DONE.
However, I notice the price of digital music servers are quite high.
That's fine (I guess), but the problem I have is that these digital
audio servers offer all these features I DON'T want, such as wireless
connections, having music in five different zones in my house, etc.
What I basically want is to have all my music on one device, and have
it wired into one receiver.

This being said, is the digital music server the way to go? Am I
paying a lot for features that I'll never use? Or...the main question
is...is there another device/method besides the digital music server
that would better fit my needs?

What are your reasons for rejecting the use of your computer
for this function? How do you intend to use this (i.e. how/where
do you play the stuff back?) Doesn't seem like you have provided
sufficient info to make any useful recomendations.