"convert" antenna for clock radio?

Old March 10th 04, 09:14 PM
[email protected]_spam_goto_ca_doj.edu

Default "convert" antenna for clock radio?

On 2004-03-10, Gary A Edelstein > wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:59:31 GMT, user > wrote:
>

>>Possible to convert/translate/connect the single wire
>>"antenna" of my clock radio to a "regular" antenna
>>of any sort?
>>

> If it's a single wire coming out of the radio and no screw connectors,
> then it's 75 ohm and you could look at adding a longer wire, hooking
> up a single rod antenna to it or hooking it to the center of a 75 to
> 300 ohm transformer (probably a few dollars at Radio Shack) and
> hooking up rabbit ears to the 300 ohm end of the transformer.
>
> Gary E

Thank you very much!!!

It is a single wire coming out of the case & I do have a 75 to 300
sitting around somewhere & a dipole wire antenna, unless I had thrown
it away when doing some cleaning.

p.s. what wire size to splice to the wire antenna? the antenna wire
looks very small.
Old March 10th 04, 09:14 PM

Old March 10th 04, 09:14 PM

Old March 10th 04, 09:14 PM

Old March 10th 04, 09:14 PM

Old March 10th 04, 09:22 PM
John Fields

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:29:30 -0600, Gary A. Edelstein
> wrote:

>On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:59:31 GMT, user > wrote:
>

>>Possible to convert/translate/connect the single wire
>>"antenna" of my clock radio to a "regular" antenna
>>of any sort?
>>

>If it's a single wire coming out of the radio and no screw connectors,
>then it's 75 ohm and you could look at adding a longer wire, hooking
>up a single rod antenna to it or hooking it to the center of a 75 to
>300 ohm transformer (probably a few dollars at Radio Shack) and
>hooking up rabbit ears to the 300 ohm end of the transformer.

---
If it's a single wire coming out of the radio I can't imagine why you'd
think it's 75 ohms.

--
John Fields
Old March 10th 04, 09:22 PM