Tim S Kemp

Default 192kbps MP3s on a big sound system?

Dutch wrote:
Every MP3 I have is 128kbps. No one even the DJs that come to my
shows don't know the difference. If you EQ it right and setup the
computer right no one will notice the difference at all.
Besides most of the professional drinkers are so drunk by 9PM that
they wouldn't notice if their seat was on fire let alone a minor
musical fluctuation.

You must have a crap sound system. And EQ cannot fix anything.

Geoff Wood

sk8erteck wrote:
I agree, the acoustics of a club change dramaticlly when there are
200+ people jumping, screaming, talking, dancing, stripping, and
everything else that goes on. I have a few tracks that sound like
crap when the room is empty, but when I play them at night I can only
hear the difference in my headphones, no one on the floor notices.

Clean music and a good system are always helpful but useless if you
dont work the crowd. None of them are audiophiles, they wont care if
your version of milkshake is 128kbps or CD, as long as they can dance
to it.

With the copious upper-mid/lo-hi crud of mp3s, your patrons may develop
ear-fatigue after 30 minutes or so.

geoff

Geoff Wood

Dutch wrote:
Every MP3 I have is 128kbps. No one even the DJs that come to my
shows don't know the difference.

All deaf.

geoff

sk8erteck

Not all of my songs are mp3's (most arent) but the few I have sound the same
under the conditions of the club. My point was that none of the patrons are
audiophiles and really don't care if there is a slight change in the sound.

Sorry I am still new to newsgroups and I thought this would get put under
the thread for this and not top posted.

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message
sk8erteck wrote:
I agree, the acoustics of a club change dramaticlly when there are
200+ people jumping, screaming, talking, dancing, stripping, and
everything else that goes on. I have a few tracks that sound like
crap when the room is empty, but when I play them at night I can only
hear the difference in my headphones, no one on the floor notices.

Clean music and a good system are always helpful but useless if you
dont work the crowd. None of them are audiophiles, they wont care if
your version of milkshake is 128kbps or CD, as long as they can dance
to it.

With the copious upper-mid/lo-hi crud of mp3s, your patrons may develop
ear-fatigue after 30 minutes or so.

geoff

dilvie

Patrons of a nightclub with a huge sound system generally develop ear
fatigue within minutes of entering -- unless you're talking about a
quiet jazz club...

--
~
http://www.dilvie.com/

dilvie

Patrons of a nightclub with a huge sound system generally develop ear
fatigue within minutes of entering -- unless you're talking about a
quiet jazz club...

With the copious upper-mid/lo-hi crud of mp3s, your patrons may develop
ear-fatigue after 30 minutes or so.

--
~
http://www.dilvie.com/

Steely Dan The Absolute Sound Steven Sullivan High End Audio 585 August 26th 04 02:17 AM
Opinions on a sound system Car Audio 3 July 5th 04 06:14 PM
rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 1/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 March 6th 04 07:54 AM
Sound, Music, Balance Robert Trosper High End Audio 1 November 21st 03 05:09 AM
Suggestions for new/replacement Rink sound system Robert Bell Pro Audio 6 September 2nd 03 02:11 AM