Posted to rec.audio.pro
Anthony Watters Anthony Watters is offline

Default MOTU Ultralite and Vista Ultimate 64bit

Have any of you pros out there (that have taken the leap to Vista) , got the
MOTU Ultralite running under Vista Ultimate 64bit?
As far as I can tell, all my instll looks like it should, but all I get from
the monitors is alot of cracking and popping. Tried
uninstalling/reinstalling, new firewire cable etc.
Device works perfectly under Windows XP Pro. Have been talking to MOTU tech
support but no solution as of yet. They claim their Vista 64 bit drivers
work.

Anybody successfully got this device installed and working?? If so, how did
you do it?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Feb 16, 8:53 pm, "Anthony Watters" wrote:
Have any of you pros out there (that have taken the leap to Vista) , got the
MOTU Ultralite running under Vista Ultimate 64bit?

Pros don't take leaps of faith like that, and they spend a few months
with the new hardware and software before they draw any conclusions.

You want to address your question to hobbyists who don't have anything
to lose but money and time.

As far as I can tell, all my instll looks like it should, but all I get from
the monitors is alot of cracking and popping.

Hobbyists like you. g

Device works perfectly under Windows XP Pro. Have been talking to MOTU tech
support but no solution as of yet. They claim their Vista 64 bit drivers
work.

Then ask them how to set up your system so that they work. Maybe their
Vista 32 drivers work. You never know who you're talking to when you
make a Tech Support call these days and most of them only know enough
to get you off the phone and back to your computer, trying something
else that won't work.

I would suggest that you take a six month vacation until they really
figure this out. Or stick another disk drive in your computer, install
WinXP again, and get down to work.