Posted to rec.audio.pro
Anthony Watters Anthony Watters is offline

Default best practices

can anyone offer up some best practices as to ripping CDs/ converting to
wav files that works in vista ultimate 64?
if one were to take a wav file created by media player (in vista) vs a 3rd
party product and have a side by side comparison and use sound quality, ease
of use, how long it takes to rip CD, whether the app can place and manage
music collection (create folders, categorize by group, name of album. song
title etc...)

I have lots of troubles with Media Player (in Vista) where the app keeps
closing down/crashing when I am ripping CDs.
Microsoft had me change/add codecs (adding the K-Lite Mega Codec)

If its about the codec, then which one is audiophile grade absolutely the
best hands down?

If all I am doing is converting (grabbing) cda files and turning them into
uncompressed wavs, do I really need to wory about a codec?
(compress/decompress) Since technically I am not opting to play my music
with any compression.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Six String Stu Six String Stu is offline

scroll around till you find some of the other things that no longer work
with microsoft since Vista came out.
Not only will it **** you off you just might decide to buy a Mac.
This is not an add or prop for mac btw I'm an XP pro user. I just think
billy gates has his head up his rump on this POS newer version. Newer isn't
better when it limits the experiance of the honest just to protect big
business from the crooks. Know what you are buying before you purchase it.

--
remove "spamtrap" in return address for replys.
http://web.nccray.net/jshodges/mommasaid/sss.htm
"Anthony Watters" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Anthony Watters" wrote ...

I have lots of troubles with Media Player (in Vista) where the app keeps
closing down/crashing when I am ripping CDs.

This is why you see so much resistance from jumping on the
Vista bandwagon. Let me know when you get Vista debugged
and then I will consider it.

The pioneers are the ones with the arrows in their backs.

Microsoft had me change/add codecs (adding the K-Lite Mega Codec)

That's a clear indication of clueless desparation in my book.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
andrejs eigus andrejs eigus is offline

hello Anthony,

there's a free powerful program called EAC - Exact Audio Copy, available at
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ . it is a very powerful program that can
extract tracks from audio CD error-free into WAV and then can be configured
to use free high-quality LAME encoder at http://lame.sourceforge.net/ to
encode WAV into MP3 on the fly. it also supports freedb, so you can get
titles and MP3 ID tags filled in automatically.

will it work under Vista? don't know. works fine under XP.

-a

have you tried it with