Posted to rec.audio.car
Anthony Watters Anthony Watters is offline

Default lossless audio in car

Now that sdisk storage prices have come way down (1TB drives @ or about $150
to $200) I am wondering how I might go about playing lossless audio files in
my car. Currently I have a Alpine touch screen head unit (IVA-W200 I think)
which will support my Ipod 4G photo (which will play the Apple lossles
files). All that being a good thing with the exception of actual usable disk
space on the Ipod being about 80 GB (around 76GB) Ipod is currently full but
I would like to add a 1TB drive which will hold roughly 1100 full CDs @
lossless quality.

How would I do this ? Third party products? Alpine addons? Any thoughts or
recommendations would be appreciated.

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Anthony Watters wrote:
Now that sdisk storage prices have come way down (1TB drives @ or about
$150 to $200) I am wondering how I might go about playing lossless audio
files in my car. Currently I have a Alpine touch screen head unit
(IVA-W200 I think) which will support my Ipod 4G photo (which will play
the Apple lossles files). All that being a good thing with the exception
of actual usable disk space on the Ipod being about 80 GB (around 76GB)
Ipod is currently full but I would like to add a 1TB drive which will
hold roughly 1100 full CDs @ lossless quality.

How would I do this ? Third party products? Alpine addons? Any thoughts
or recommendations would be appreciated.

Looks like you need to build yourself a carputer. For more information
check he http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/
and he http://store.mp3car.com/

I kind of like the idea of a carputer, but I refuse to replace my head
unit with a touch screen computer.