Posted to rec.audio.pro
~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny is offline

Default Will guitars go the way of keyboards?

I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:
I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

geoff wrote:

~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:
I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff

every which way. not that there's anything wrong with that.

http://armadillomusicproductions.com/who'slistening.html
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShai...withDougHarman
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
hank alrich wrote:
geoff wrote:

~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:
I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff

every which way. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unless you're the guy who has to carry them all.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:

In article ,
hank alrich wrote:
geoff wrote:

~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:
I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff

every which way. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unless you're the guy who has to carry them all.

how many peopole who can't aford cartage really want all of them?

http://armadillomusicproductions.com/who'slistening.html
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShai...withDougHarman

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
In ,
hank wrote:
wrote:

~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:
I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff

every which way. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unless you're the guy who has to carry them all.
--scott

This has gotten better in the last thirty years. The only
compelling reason to cart a big Hammond organ is sadism.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Les Cargill" wrote in message
Scott Dorsey wrote:
In ,
hank wrote:
wrote:

~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:
I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff

every which way. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unless you're the guy who has to carry them all.
--scott

This has gotten better in the last thirty years. The only
compelling reason to cart a big Hammond organ is sadism.

Unless you're looking for that 'sound' that still can't be recreated by a
$3,000 synth

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny is offline

On Apr 1, 7:32*pm, Les Cargill wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
In ,
hank *wrote:
*wrote:

~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:
I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff

every which way. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unless you're the guy who has to carry them all.
--scott

This has gotten better in the last thirty years. The only
compelling reason to cart a big Hammond organ is sadism.

--
Les Cargill

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if I have a good B3
sound. I love asking which one they are talking about. Most people
have no clue what a stop is let alone what they even mean by B3. I
think most rotating speakers plugged into any synth with a semi decent
organ sound makes all anyone would ever need.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny is offline

On Mar 31, 11:44*pm, "geoff" wrote:
~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:

I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff

Midi killed the musical star
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny" wrote in message
On Mar 31, 11:44 pm, "geoff" wrote:
~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:

I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff

Midi killed the musical star

Put the blame on VCR

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny is offline

On Apr 1, 12:36*pm, "polymod" wrote:
"~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny" wrote in ...
On Mar 31, 11:44 pm, "geoff" wrote:

~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny wrote:

I guess these have been around for a while but this is the first I've
seen of them. It still looks a long way off from the real thing but
looking back at the Korg poly 6 and the arpeggiater, maybe its's not
to far off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqbKrK_Xj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLYBNF9uKlc

Which 'way' did keyboards 'go' ?

geoff
Midi killed the musical star

Put the blame on VCR

Poly

I blame it on low IQ's. That is a very cool guitar though. I'd like to
have one if I lived in a castle and collected things.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
TimR TimR is offline

You'd think they could add a closed loop feedback self tuner into
that. It hurt my ears, I couldn't listen to the whole thing. Though
it is amazing it can play at all.

There is a possible improvement in keyboards. Just like the DVORAK
offers advantages over the familiar QWERTY, the key layout on pianos
is based on the need for leverage, not the most efficient way to play.

The Wicki-Hayden keyboard layout, which dates back a century or so,
works fine on digital keyboards and among other advantages makes
transposition easy.