Posted to rec.audio.car
Jason K Jason K is offline

Default 3-way setup speakers

I'm not quite sure what the best options are for my thee way.

So far what the system is made up of is

Deck: Clarion DRZ9255
Subs: 2 x 12" IDMAX
Sub Amp: JL 1000/1
Tweets: Morel Supreme 130
Tweets Amp: JL 300/2
Crossover/LineDriver/Equalizer: AudioControl DQXS w/ DDC

Midrange: ??
Midrange Amp: JL 300/2

Midbass: ??
Midbass Amp: JL 300/2

I think 7" is the most I can go. I doubt I can get away with a 8" easily but
I think I'm covered for bass with the 2 12" IDMAX and if set up properly it
should sound like the bass is coming from the front anyways.

1) What midrange woofer size would you guys recommend?
2) What midrange woofer would you recommend?
3) What midbass 7" woofer would you recommend? (read a lot of good things
about seas L18 on this forum)

OBJECTIVE: really good SQ system components (how it sounds is strictly up to
me and my install of course but I'd like to have good components when I do
the install.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I have used top of the line Boston Acoustic and MB Quart. I have heard
nothing yet that compares to JL's VR series for extremely tight and
controlled midbass. It was like night and day when I switched from Quart to
JL. My wife and I heard detail in the midbass we had never heard before. I
would also check out Dynaudio as I have heard GREAT things about those as
well.

I applaud your use of dedicating a channel of amplification for each speaker
(bi-amping the fronts). This has made a WORLD of difference to my system.
You can see pictures and a description of my system at
http://www428.pair.com/mosfet/mtx.html
but know that my tweeters are going to be JL VR series very soon and my rear
fill will be a matching set of JL VR midbass drivers (the same drivers as
the fronts, but no tweeters).

Anyway, I think the JL VR series is INCREDIBLE and WAY undervalued for their
performance.

MOSFET