Default Hickok digital display DIY meter for tube tester

It would be a nice DIY project to make a Digital display in order to
replace analog meter and be able to read Gm directly using PIC or
other specialized IC. This project could be adapted for Hickok tubes
tester or any good vacuum tube tester.

Question? How to start a project like that?. Give me some good
suggestions. It could convert current .......... to Gm. There are so
many good tube tester who needs meter replacement!

Is anybody has an idea of the specifications on ferrite bead used by
Hickok Inc.?

Thanks

Freddy