DJboutit2

Default DR Crankenstein any good

DR Crankenstein car audio any good and where can I but DR Crankenstein online.
Is DR Crankenstein better than Rockford Fosgate high end.
Pug Fugley

Man, it's been years since I've heard of Dr. Crankenstein! I thought they
went out of business?

Just about anything would be better than Rockford Fosgate.

"DJboutit2" wrote in message
DR Crankenstein car audio any good and where can I but DR Crankenstein

online.
Is DR Crankenstein better than Rockford Fosgate high end.

sanitarium

I use their power cables and dist blocks and they are good.

Garrett

DJboutit2 wrote:
DR Crankenstein car audio any good and where can I but DR Crankenstein online.
Is DR Crankenstein better than Rockford Fosgate high end.

EFFENDI

DJboutit2 wrote:
DR Crankenstein car audio any good and where can I but DR Crankenstein online.
Is DR Crankenstein better than Rockford Fosgate high end.

I knew a guy in surrey,BC area. he was rollin 4 12" crankenstiens in a
early 90s CRX. it was seriously loud. i always thought they were very
good. havent really seen them since then (im talkin 1998)

EFFENDI

Daniel Stocker

Default DR Crankenstein any good (OT - Rockford Fosgate bad?)

Just about anything would be better than Rockford Fosgate.
Why do you say this? What do you think of their "Punch" series amps?

Just about anything would be better than Rockford Fosgate.

Pyle? Pyramid? Rockwood? Come on dude, this above comment is a total
exaggeration.

Curious why you say this, it's a pretty broad + vague comment... can you
elaborate?

Cheers,
Daniel

ink.net...

"DJboutit2" wrote in message
DR Crankenstein car audio any good and where can I but DR Crankenstein

online.
Is DR Crankenstein better than Rockford Fosgate high end.

Pug Fugley

"Daniel Stocker" wrote in message
Just about anything would be better than Rockford Fosgate.

Why do you say this? What do you think of their "Punch" series amps?

I've never been a Rockford fan, and in my 12 years of experience have never
seen a Rockford product that I couldn't beat with a product that cost much
less money.

Just about anything would be better than Rockford Fosgate.

Pyle? Pyramid? Rockwood? Come on dude, this above comment is a total
exaggeration.

Well..anything GOOD can beat a Rockford. Pyle would be on about the same
level.

Curious why you say this, it's a pretty broad + vague comment... can you
elaborate?

Whatever Rockford product you want, it can be outperformed by another brand
that costs less.

Pug Fugley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Jese. Just about every post you make makes you look even more retarded

than
the last. You should just stop posting.

Paul Vina

Got a boner for Rockford, eh? Figures. Time to get out of 1987, there bud.

Soundfreak03

Got a boner for Rockford, eh? Figures. Time to get out of 1987, there bud.

I dont like Rockford myself either, but they make a solid product that has held
it's own for a very long time. Not many manufactures can say that. I have had
no problem installing them and knowing that they were going to last. I put a
pair of old 12s into a friends car 7 years ago and they are still around like
they were new. And you putting them with Pyle and the like, though those brands
have thier place, just shows how ignorant you really are.

Les

Pug Fugley

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
Got a boner for Rockford, eh? Figures. Time to get out of 1987, there

bud.

I dont like Rockford myself either, but they make a solid product that has

held
it's own for a very long time. Not many manufactures can say that. I have

had
no problem installing them and knowing that they were going to last. I put

pair of old 12s into a friends car 7 years ago and they are still around

like
they were new. And you putting them with Pyle and the like, though those

brands
have thier place, just shows how ignorant you really are.

Sounds like YOU'RE the ignorant one here. You're putting down a brand
without even having installed it.

For your information, I was installing subwoofers while you were still on
your tricycle. Yes, with the occasional Rockford but I always urged the
customer to dump the Rockfords and I could get them a better woofer for less
money. I was never proven wrong.

Soundfreak03

Sounds like YOU'RE the ignorant one here. You're putting down a brand
without even having installed it.

Which brand is that? I have installed both.
And I agree in part with you, I would not buy Rockford personally for myself
but I have installed both them and Pyle.
But like I said they make a solid product and I never worried about getting a
DOA product from them. But I have received a few from other brands, like Pyle.
I am not saying Pyle is bad, it is just a different market. I installed a Pyle
sub in a friends car, that was on a budget.
So get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

For your information, I was installing subwoofers while you were still on
your tricycle

So your that old and still have little practical knowledge about car audio? Wow
your even more pitiful than I thought.

Yes, with the occasional Rockford but I always urged the
customer to dump the Rockfords and I could get them a better woofer for less
money. I was never proven wrong.

How do you know? If you didnt install that many then how do you know that they
were inferior to the cheaper woofers? You reference was flawed.

Les

Pug Fugley

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
Sounds like YOU'RE the ignorant one here. You're putting down a brand
without even having installed it.

Which brand is that? I have installed both.
And I agree in part with you, I would not buy Rockford personally for

myself

Well there you go. I'm right again.

Yes, with the occasional Rockford but I always urged the
customer to dump the Rockfords and I could get them a better woofer for

less
money. I was never proven wrong.

How do you know? If you didnt install that many then how do you know that

they
were inferior to the cheaper woofers? You reference was flawed.

Works like this:

"I bought these Rockford woofers at the flea market for $150. Rockford is
the best! Please install them!!"

Build a box for Rockford using Termpro software, install in car.

"Those don't sound that great, I'm not happy"

Me:

"Well let me hook up a set of -insert any brand name woofer here- for less
money and see how they sound"

"WOW. Those sound far better than Rockfords. I'll sell them to some other
poor chump and keep the -insert brand name woofer here-.

Soundfreak03

Which brand is that? I have installed both.
And I agree in part with you, I would not buy Rockford personally for

myself

Well there you go. I'm right again.

I agreed in part. The part where I dont personally install Rockford in my car.
Thats it. Your post was wrong on all other accounts.

Works like this:

"I bought these Rockford woofers at the flea market for $150. Rockford is
the best! Please install them!!"

Ok. Your point is? You install them. If you cant make some decent Rockfords
sound good then......

Build a box for Rockford using Termpro software, install in car.

"Those don't sound that great, I'm not happy"

Well then YOU did something wrong. Different box design, settings, placement.
There are so many factors that play into the sound quality. But then again your
"customers" just want it to be loud and care nothing about SQ. So yes if you
give them a system that sounds good over a broad frequency range they probably
wont like it. Its not a one note wonder like thier buddies.

Me:

"Well let me hook up a set of -insert any brand name woofer here- for less
money and see how they sound"

"WOW. Those sound far better than Rockfords. I'll sell them to some other
poor chump and keep the -insert brand name woofer here-.

Ok so now you have told a story of what happened ONCE. You threw in a "one note
wonder" box. Did you level match the 2 systems? Most people associate louder
with better sounding, so if the other set were louder......Well you can guess
what the customer says.

You have proven time and time again you have no clue what in the blue hell you
are talking about. Your general sweeping statements are that of a newbie who
only knows what the magazines tell him. For someone who has been doing this for
so many years I am suprised at your obvious lack of knowledge. So, before you
get any further here I think you still have another question to answer in
another thread. The one about a 4 channel amp. Or did I hurt your ego there by
making you look like a dumbass?

Paul, Eddie, and other experienced installers. What has your experiences been
with Rockford? Mine has been they are a solid product with good backing. Do I
personally use them in my car? No, but I have had relatively few issues with
thier products (although I do not have much experience with thier HU) I have
been able to satisfy people expectations with thier stuff. And I dont worry
about it going south.
I am curious to know what others thoughts and experinces have been.Maybe up
here in North Texas we just got a good run of products for many many years.
Thanks guys.

Les

Paul Vina

Les,
Personally I think that their entry level and high end stuff is as good as
it ever was. I feel the quality of their mid level (read: every man) gear
has slipped a little. Some of my favorite woofers ever were the old DVC's.
I'd put anything available at the same time against it for a god old
fashioned ground pounding system. They sounded awesome sealed and got
pretty damned loud in a ported (box (and stupid loud in a BP).
Now, having said that I haven't run any Rockford in my car since my old
Punch60 DSM but I would consider it if the amps weren't so damned big and
the surrounds on the subs were a normal size. Does this mean I would never
run it, of course not. Right now none of their products meets my needs.
But I would still LOOOOOOOVE to get a Symmetry and a 28-band eq card.
drool.....

Paul Vina

Paul, Eddie, and other experienced installers. What has your experiences

been
with Rockford? Mine has been they are a solid product with good backing.

Do I
personally use them in my car? No, but I have had relatively few issues

with
thier products (although I do not have much experience with thier HU) I

have
been able to satisfy people expectations with thier stuff. And I dont

worry
about it going south.
I am curious to know what others thoughts and experinces have been.Maybe

up
here in North Texas we just got a good run of products for many many

years.
Thanks guys.

Les

Pug Fugley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Les,
Personally I think that their entry level and high end stuff is as good as
it ever was. I feel the quality of their mid level (read: every man) gear
has slipped a little. Some of my favorite woofers ever were the old

DVC's.
I'd put anything available at the same time against it for a god old
fashioned ground pounding system.

Savard's Pro Series stomped the **** out of those Rockfords back in the day.
Too bad Bill Savard had IRS trouble

Soundfreak03

Les,
Personally I think that their entry level and high end stuff is as good as
it ever was. I feel the quality of their mid level (read: every man) gear
has slipped a little.

What do you think of thier amps? I have never worried about thier amps, always
been solid. But alas, I havent used alot of thier woofers in a few months, and
even then it was not the mid level.

But I would still LOOOOOOOVE to get a Symmetry and a 28-band eq card.
drool.....

Never got to use the Symmetry stuff but what people of said was that it is
awesome. I would love to get one to play with one. Thanks Paul

Les
Paul Vina

I though the Savards sucked ass personally. They needed big ass boxes and
the low end extension was horrible. They DID have an assload of midbass
peakiness which might explain why you or your customers liked them so much.
They were great on rap and sucked on music.

Paul Vina

"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Les,
Personally I think that their entry level and high end stuff is as good

as
it ever was. I feel the quality of their mid level (read: every man)

gear
has slipped a little. Some of my favorite woofers ever were the old

DVC's.
I'd put anything available at the same time against it for a god old
fashioned ground pounding system.

Savard's Pro Series stomped the **** out of those Rockfords back in the

day.
Too bad Bill Savard had IRS trouble

Paul Vina

What do you think of thier amps? I have never worried about thier amps,
always
been solid. But alas, I havent used alot of thier woofers in a few months,

and
even then it was not the mid level.

I stopped really liking their amps after the DSMs went away. The newer ones
were good but they haven't made anything as solid or that sounds as good as
those. I used to run my 60DSM to 3 10W6s @ 1 ohm mono under the seat in my
87
S-10 standard cab and it *never* shut down, Hell it never even got all that
hot and those JLs were bumpin' all day long.. That was a great amp.

Never got to use the Symmetry stuff but what people of said was that it is
awesome. I would love to get one to play with one. Thanks Paul

They were great pieces. Only down side was it only accepted a 2-channel
input so all of your fader and sub level controls were done through the EPX.

Paul Vina

Pug Fugley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I though the Savards sucked ass personally. They needed big ass boxes and
the low end extension was horrible. They DID have an assload of midbass
peakiness which might explain why you or your customers liked them so

much.
They were great on rap and sucked on music.

Sounds like you didn't know how to build the boxes. On average, Rockfords
required about 20% more airspace than Savard Pros, and about 70% more than
Savard Hi-Q's.

Paul Vina

Who cares how much bigger the boxes needed to be? As long as they were each
in properly sized enclosures it doesn't matter which one is bigger. I'd
take an IDQ12 over both of them and it only needs .8cf or smaller.

Paul Vina

"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I though the Savards sucked ass personally. They needed big ass boxes

and
the low end extension was horrible. They DID have an assload of midbass
peakiness which might explain why you or your customers liked them so

much.
They were great on rap and sucked on music.

Sounds like you didn't know how to build the boxes. On average, Rockfords
required about 20% more airspace than Savard Pros, and about 70% more than
Savard Hi-Q's.

Pug Fugley

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Who cares how much bigger the boxes needed to be? As long as they were

each
in properly sized enclosures it doesn't matter which one is bigger. I'd
take an IDQ12 over both of them and it only needs .8cf or smaller.

Well yeah, me too. I still run an IDQ12 to this day but I'm curious about
the Xtant hex subs..I might try one of those.

William Burnett

"Paul Vina" wrote in message news:Bmhvb.196903$mZ5.1465727@attbi_s54...
Who cares how much bigger the boxes needed to be? As long as they were each
in properly sized enclosures it doesn't matter which one is bigger. I'd
take an IDQ12 over both of them and it only needs .8cf or smaller.

Heres the deal kids...

Rockfords had their day, A LONG TIME AGO! But lets put this in
perspective please. Back in the "day" when all the kids were drivin
Ford Probes with punch 45's and punch 100's, they thought they were
the ****. Why? because the Rockford brand was the best "marketed",
not the best AMP and BY FAR not the best speaker.

Now lets get a little more perspective, 99.9% of all the drivers sold
in the late 80's, early 90's were oem'd by the same manufacturer.
Just look at the stamped baskets and magnets. Differences in
suspension change the T/S params a bit, but most used the same vioce
coils also.

Speaking of Pyle, they OEMd some stuff and farmed out other stuff.
The OEM stuff rocked (Pyle Pro IIs, KP6940D 6x9, and a few others).
The KP6940's are still to date, the best 6x9 woofers ever made.

Along comes Orion and advertises like made and makes a decent product.
Their amps rocked also, their drivers, not much better than anybody
elses. Again OEMd by a 3rd party.

This brings us to the SAVARD drivers. Bill Savard designed the Pro's
Hi-Qs and Rap series woofers to compete in the sealed, bandpass and
ported markets. The Rap series was incredible in a sealed box. 2
15's would blow away anything Orion, Pyle, Rockford or any other
company could throw at it.

Along comes the HI-Q series...hands down beat the pants off of the
Solobariks. The HI-Q tens are to this day, one of the better 10's
ever sold.

In this same era 500 companies all sold products, most of them the
same with different paint, stickers or packaging (sorta like
skateboards of today). All oemd by the same company.

You want to talk amps of that era? Nothing at all could beat the old
white Precision Power amps. NOTHING, not an Orion HCCA1000, a
Punch...nothing but maybe a USAMPS monster that cost as much as the
hoover dam.

Theres a brief history lesson...

Now in the modern era, I don't know a damn thing about amplifiers. I
do know that most of the Drivers out there are still garbage and still
oemd by a few companies.

The best sub you can buy is the ADIRE AUDIO BRAHMA series. If you
don't have any idea what it is, you better check em out. Hands down
more XMAX than any thing out there. Move air...make bass. BUy one
before you make some stupid comment about audiobahn or any other
worthless consumer crap sub.

The adire guys do one thing...that is design and build some of the
best subs ever concieved.

Have a nice day kiddies!

Scott Johnson

Speaking of Pyle, they OEMd some stuff and farmed out other stuff.
The OEM stuff rocked (Pyle Pro IIs, KP6940D 6x9, and a few others).

i've run the Pyle Pro II 10" subs before. the 10's sounded better and had
more output than most 12's on the market at the time.

Paul Vina

Thatnks for the hopelessly onesided view of the past 20 years or car audio. The only thing I really have to say to you is that the entire world of car audio has gone into the ****ter. Quality (both construction and sound asa n indusrty whole) is nowhere near as high as it used to be because everyone wants more "stuff" in their "boxes" for less cash and they don't want to pay for it.
By your own admission you've been out of the loop for a while so how can you have the nerve to say the old stuff was the best? If you haven't played with the new stuff how do you knw what's better?
Having just argued both sides of the argument I would say that some things are better and some are worse. I think HU's don't sound anywhere near as good as they used to, nor do amps seem to have the same build quality. Speakers, on the other hand, seem to made HUGE leaps in SQ.
Lastly, what makes the Brahma the best sub? Your opinion? Not hardly. The Brahma is a great sub but I like my IDMAX12 a lot better and there are countless other people who loike what they're running and view THAT as the best.
Shut your pie hole.

Paul Vina

"William Burnett" wrote in message om...
[...]

Soundfreak03

The best sub you can buy is the ADIRE AUDIO BRAHMA series. If you
don't have any idea what it is, you better check em out. Hands down
more XMAX than any thing out there. Move air...make bass. BUy one
before you make some stupid comment about audiobahn or any other
worthless consumer crap sub.

And with that one statement you have lost almost all credibility. Any comment
that "Brand X" is the best hands down just shows ignorance. It is NOT the best
in every situation or design. There are no Absolute best woofers, subs, amps,
HUs, etc out there.

Some are better than others, but there is no best for every situation. In fact
those subs would sound like ASS in my truck. I cannot supply them with enough
air space to make them happy. And that is just one example of many.

Les

William Burnett

Thatnks for the hopelessly onesided view of the past 20 years or car
audio.

One sided maybe, but true. There were otehr "good companies" out
there, but what I said covered the most popular.

The only thing I really have to say to you is that the entire
world of car audio has gone into the ****ter. Quality (both
construction and sound asa n indusrty whole) is nowhere near as high as
it used to be because everyone wants more "stuff" in their "boxes" for
less cash and they don't want to pay for it.

I agree totaly. It's not just car audio, it's manufacturing in
general. Manufacturers don't build quality, they built what peole
want to pay for. Why build the best amp in the world just to be
undersold by Wal-Mart. Why not build a little bit better amp and sell
it for a bit more than Wal-Mart but still be able to compete. Same
goes for computers, home electronics, furnaces, appliences etc. Hi
quality = high cost = diminished demographic = lost sales = bankruptcy
= build lower quality and stay in businesss.

By your own admission you've been out of the loop for a while so how
can you have the nerve to say the old stuff was the best?
If you haven't played with the new stuff how do you knw what's better?

I have played with some of it. I also so the quality declining when i
"got out" about 8 years ago. You want ot get into a technical
discussion, I would be more than happy to. I didnt say all the old
stuff was better. I said the old Precision Power amps were better.
They were built to play, not sell. I said the Savard speakers were
better. They were built to play, not sell. They were ahead of their
time, at the time. The HI-Q 10" design was way ahead of it's time,
and still holds its own today.

Having just argued both sides of the argument I would say that some
things are better and some are worse.

I agree 100%

I think HU's don't sound anywhere
near as good as they used to, nor do amps seem to have the same build
quality.

Back to what I said about marketing and build quality. You are right,
they are not as good (with the exception of a few units)

Speakers, on the other hand, seem to made HUGE leaps in SQ.

Most of the advances in the speaker arena have come from new motor
designs, and the fact that designers are actually looking at the
parameters and applications of their drivers, and designing them with
specific goals in mind.
I have many friends who designers of high end drivers and speaker
systems. I know the guys who own Adire Auido, and I know why and how
they build new designs.

Lastly, what makes the Brahma the best sub? Your opinion? Not hardly.
The Brahma is a great sub but I like my IDMAX12 a lot better and there
are countless other people who loike what they're running and view THAT
as the best.

I don't run anything. I have a stock head unit and stock speakers.
The motor technology in the Adire makes it a better speaker, same
xmax, better motor. The motor is more linear over it's range, this
equats to better SQ. I have not tested them side by side, and
therefore my opinion is just that, an educated opinion. I am not a
basshead nor will I bash a product I have not used. I am sure there
are other drivers out there that kick ass as well. BTW The new Brahma
should do well in SPL. In any case, check out the Adire TUMULT, it's
a monster designed for home theater. You could use it mobile though.

No go back to your ford probe and play with your Rockfords.

Bill
Soundfreak03

have many friends who designers of high end drivers and speaker
systems. I know the guys who own Adire Auido, and I know why and how
they build new designs.

So thats why their the best. They are your buddies.

don't run anything. I have a stock head unit and stock speakers.
The motor technology in the Adire makes it a better speaker, same
xmax, better motor.

Compared to what? Your factory POS system?

he motor is more linear over it's range, this
equats to better SQ. I have not tested them side by side, and
therefore my opinion is just that, an educated opinion. I am not a
basshead nor will I bash a product I have not used. I am sure there
are other drivers out there that kick ass as well.

Not too educated if you have not used the damn things. Havent you learned that
specs are usually meaningless? It is nearly impossible to tell how a woofer
will sound based on specs. You have not used alot of the subs, or any it would
seem, today and yet you make ridiculous claims that Adire makes the best simply
because they have better xmax? Not an educated opinion but a biased one.

Les

Paul Vina

The motor technology in the Adire makes it a better speaker, same
xmax, better motor.

No, it just makes it different.

I have not tested them side by side, and
therefore my opinion is just that, an educated opinion.

Which as you should know, means dick. I HAVE heard them side by side and
they're both great, just different. I prefer the IDMAX.

The new Brahma
should do well in SPL. In any case, check out the Adire TUMULT, it's
a monster designed for home theater. You could use it mobile though.

They're both great subs. In fact I'm thinking about using the Tumult or a
few of the Shivas in my HT setup.

No go back to your ford probe and play with your Rockfords.

I have never owned a Ford and don't plan to anytime soon. You ASSume to
know something about me because I argued against your point and you're WAY
off base. BTW, the only RF product I have ever owned was a Punch40i (long
since sold) and the pair of DVC12s in my wife's car now. IMO, the XLCs,
DVCs and PowerDVCs were the last good subs they made and the DSM series amps
were their last good ones. Yes, RF had a great marketing department but the
quality of those products stands on it's own.

Now go back to your elitist hole-in-the-wall forum.

Paul Vina