Posted to rec.audio.pro
amost amost is offline

Default Sennheiser HD600 question

Thoughts? I'd search but I can't figure out how to search newsgroups on
Google since they changed the menu?

At a session yesterday the engineer/producer had a set & I tried them
and.they felt really very comfortable and sounded good I thought. I dunno
about tracking acoustic instruments because they're not totally closed I
don't think but for listening they seemed real nice.
--

www.andymost.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

"amost" wrote in
:

Thoughts? I'd search but I can't figure out how to search newsgroups
on Google since they changed the menu?

At a session yesterday the engineer/producer had a set & I tried them
and.they felt really very comfortable and sounded good I thought. I
dunno about tracking acoustic instruments because they're not totally
closed I don't think but for listening they seemed real nice.

No thoughts on the HD600, but here's how to search groups:

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Karl Winkler Karl Winkler is offline

amost wrote:
Thoughts? I'd search but I can't figure out how to search newsgroups on
Google since they changed the menu?

At a session yesterday the engineer/producer had a set & I tried them
and.they felt really very comfortable and sounded good I thought. I dunno
about tracking acoustic instruments because they're not totally closed I
don't think but for listening they seemed real nice.
--

HD600s are very very nice headphones, if perhaps just a *tad*
analytical. For extended wearing and accuracy of sound they are just

The later model, the HD650, has a lightly bigger bass and "involving"
sound but doesn't sound as accurate to me. However, they did fix the
connector problem on the 650.

YMMV

Karl Winkler
http://www.giovanniquartet.com
http://www.karlwinkler.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
coreybenson coreybenson is offline

Karl Winkler wrote:
amost wrote:
[...]

Just took a listen to the HD650's - oh my GOD are they nice. Probably
not as accurate as some, but WOW do they give you detail by the ton.
LOVE the bottom end on them as well.

Corey

Posted to rec.audio.pro
amost amost is offline

Hey thanks y'all....yeah they made an impression on me. I'll pick up a set.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] andrewlz@gmail.com is offline

I'm not a professional or anything, but I can deinfately vouch for the
accuracy of the headphones. Since I'm running them from a laptop, the
internal Audio Converter creates some noise - these heaphones can pick
it up! (I get little cracks and pops that I don't hear otherwise). It
gets annoying so as soon as I get the headphone amp to connect to my
superdac, I should be good to go!

Back to the original point though - they sound really great. I actually
like the open-ear design because it doesn't make my ears feel as
smushed. It's easier to listen to for extended periods of time.

Have fun with your new HD600's, you won't regret buying them.

amost wrote:
Hey thanks y'all....yeah they made an impression on me. I'll pick up a set.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

amost wrote:
Hey thanks y'all....yeah they made an impression on me.

Headband must be too tight !

geoff

(my HD280HD s are like having my head in a plasticy-smelly vice).

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tommi Tommi is offline

"amost" wrote in message
. ..

Thoughts? I'd search but I can't figure out how to search newsgroups on
Google since they changed the menu?

At a session yesterday the engineer/producer had a set & I tried them
and.they felt really very comfortable and sounded good I thought. I dunno
about tracking acoustic instruments because they're not totally closed I
don't think but for listening they seemed real nice.

Very, very nice headphones, I have a pair. But when tracking, use closed
headphones..