Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Blackburst

Default Vocal Distortion on Neil Young's "Southern Man"

Just heard it on the radio, a good system.

Am I wrong or do I hear major clipping on the lead vocal?

I can understand if Neil just came roarin' in loud after the level had been
set, but why keep the take?

Who engineered this? Nitschke?

Where would this distortion have come in? Was he overdriving a mic? Was he
hitting the preamp too hard?

More on Equalizers from Ferstler Howard Ferstler Audio Opinions 515 September 20th 04 05:49 AM
Note to the Idiot George M. Middius Audio Opinions 222 January 8th 04 07:13 PM
Clean Power? Dylan X Car Audio 99 January 7th 04 04:02 PM
Setting up a two amp system Scott Dunam Tech 160 November 22nd 03 10:00 PM
Pioneer Clipping and Distortion was:DEH-P840MP, infinity kappa 693.5i and kappa 50.5cs component. Soundfreak03 Car Audio 0 August 29th 03 04:05 AM