Michael McKelvy

Default One day it's the Democrats

By Ben Fritz

While the mantra for both campaigns this election season is "rapid
response," it might as well be "rapid deception". John Kerry's weblog,
specifically designed to promptly respond to attacks by the Bush campaign,
is a case in point.

For instance, in a September 26 post, the Kerry camp responded to the
assertion by President Bush in an interview on Fox News Channel's O'Reilly
Factor that he would "absolutely" still do his famous carrier landing on the
USS Lincoln following the overthrow of Saddam Hussein's government
underneath a "mission accomplished" banner with a dishonest comparison.

The campaign wrote in its blog that, "Bush's comment, echoed by Dan Bartlett
again later in the day, puts him at odds with his senior adviser, Karl Rove.
A few months ago, Rove, in a rare moment of candor, said that he thought it
was a mistake to do that event and mislead the American people."

But Rove did not say the event as a whole was a mistake and he most
certainly did not say the President had misled the American people. ""I wish
the ["Mission Accomplished"] banner was not up there," Rove told the
Columbus Dispatch editorial board. "I'll acknowledge the fact that it has
become one of those convenient symbols."

In the same post, the Kerry camp claims that, "Senator Lindsey Graham
rebuked Dick Cheney's frequent assertion that Al Qaeda is rooting for John
Kerry. Appearing on a Sunday talk show, Graham said: 'This idea that
somebody said that Al Qaeda prefers Kerry over Bush, that's way over the
top.'" But the Kerry camp offers no evidence that Vice President Cheney has
said that Al Qaeda is "rooting" for the Democratic nominee.

The Massachusetts Senator's campaign makes another misstatement in its
response to a new Bush advertisement called "Searching." (FactCheck.org has
analyzed how this ad takes some of Kerry's quotes unfairly out of context.)
The Kerry camp alleges that the Democratic candidate's quote "I don't
believe the President took us to war as he should have" from an appearance
on MSNBC's "Hardball" is taken out of context and notes that "[Hardball
host] Chris Matthews Asked the President to Stop Using the Misleading Clip."

However, Matthews has not called on the RNC to stop using that particular
quote. Rather, Matthews has criticized (watch video in Windows Media format
in middle of page) the RNC's use of a different Kerry quote, when, in
response to the question, "Are you one of the anti-war candidates?" the
Democratic candidate said, "I am. Yes. In the sense that I don't believe the
president took to us war as he should have, yes." Matthews was upset at an
RNC video that stopped after "I am. Yes."

In this case, however, the Bush campaign is using the very part of the quote
that Matthews criticized the RNC for not using. Kerry's quote is not out of
context and the Kerry campaign is dishonestly using Matthews to back up the
claim that it is.

Finally, the Kerry campaign has responded to another recent advertisement
titled "Windsurfing" with over-the-line attacks on the Bush campaign. The
Kerry team released a statement by former Georgia Senator Max Cleland that
read in part, "I am appalled by this ad from the Bush attack machine and the
way it plays right into the hands of the terrorists, helping them achieve
their goal of dividing the nation. This ad is un-American and the president
should condemn it in no uncertain terms."

No matter how much Bush's ad takes some of Kerry's stands out of context,
alleging that it aids terrorists in any way and is "un-American" is
outrageous and unfounded. This sort of rapid response isn't countering spin,
it's just adding more.

MINe 109

In article et,
"Michael McKelvy" wrote:

By Ben Fritz

Congrats on learning to cut 'n' paste. Now stop.

Stephen

"The beryllium dome represents a quantum advance in tweeter technology."
JBorg

"Michael McKelvy wrote in message

By Ben Fritz

No matter how much Bush's ad takes some of Kerry's stands out of context,
alleging that it aids terrorists in any way and is "un-American" is
outrageous and unfounded.

There's a new article related to the British engineer, Kenneth Bigley ,
who've been held captive by terrorist in Baghdad for nearly two weeks.

No video yet.

New Geoff

"Michael McKelvy" wrote stuff (again)...

I'm sorry - I seem to have missed the references to audio and equipment . .
..

What was the point you were making?
Remembering that most of us in Europe have no interest in your inherently
corrupt election system . . .

_______
Geoff B

Sander deWaal

MINe 109 said:

"The beryllium dome represents a quantum advance in tweeter technology."

Folks with Quads tend to disagree.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
MINe 109

Sander deWaal wrote:

MINe 109 said:

"The beryllium dome represents a quantum advance in tweeter technology."

Folks with Quads tend to disagree.

We don't need tweeters... :-)

Stephen
Lionel

Sander deWaal wrote:
MINe 109 said:

"The beryllium dome represents a quantum advance in tweeter technology."

Folks with Quads tend to disagree.

I have had the chance recently to listen to a JM Lab one and I must say
it's a very, very good tweeter...
....Compared to the few others metal dome tweeters I have already heard
(I don't know anything about Quads).

What it means to be A Democrat Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 22 May 10th 04 12:51 PM
FYI Sandman Audio Opinions 34 January 20th 04 06:46 AM
Here's someone who *gets* it! Sandman Audio Opinions 2 December 12th 03 05:53 AM
Where are those Wascally Weapons of Mass Destwuction??? Jacob Kramer Audio Opinions 1094 September 9th 03 02:20 AM