Faustino Dina

Default Different speakers in the surround arrange...?

Hi,
Is possible to arrange the 5 speakers for a home teather system, from
different sources (and different impedance?) Which are the desirable basic
characteristics for each speaker?

Thanks in advance
Faustino

Mark A

"Faustino Dina" wrote in message
Hi,
Is possible to arrange the 5 speakers for a home teather system, from
different sources (and different impedance?) Which are the desirable basic
characteristics for each speaker?

Thanks in advance
Faustino

The left front, center, and right front should be the from the same
manufacturer and the same "line" of speakers. Many people have learned this
the hard way by trying to use a different center channel manufacturer. Trust
me, it will sound like crap if you the center channel is not the same
manufacturer as the left and right fronts. If you can't do this, it would be
better to omit the center channel (as long as your receiver knows there is
no center channel speaker, it will split the output between R and L fronts).

The subwoofer and rear channels are not at all critical in terms of being
from the same manufacturer or speaker line.

TT

"flint" wrote in message
. ..
:
[...]
: Not at ALL critical????? It is critical as I have learned
after years of
: experimenting with different surround speaker choices.
:
: When a helicopter flies over head, if the speakers are matched,
it sounds
: like a helicopter flying over head. If they are not matched, it
sounds like
: a recording of a helicopter flying over head.
:
: I will say that matching the rear speakers is a lower priority
than matching
: the three front speakers. The best sounding home theaters I
have heard use
: the same bookshelf speaker for all 5 (or 6) speaker locations.
I recommend
: using the same, not just a similar line, but the same model for
all
: speakers, Left, Right, Center, Rears.
:
: It is all about choices and priorities. The system will blend
better with
: matching speakers.
:
: -- FLINT
:
Ahhhhhhh!!! Bookshelf speakers ? You mean you want it to sound
like a "toy" helicopter flying over your head.

Mmmmmmmmmm................................... Just contemplating
what 6 B&W 801s would look like in my room and how I would see
the projector screen through the front centre.

Regards TT ;-)

Faustino Dina

"Matt Distefano" wrote in message
When you say different sources, do you mean different speakers from
different companies, or do you mean different speakers being fed by
different amps?

I mean different speakers from different manufacturers... I suppose at least
I should set speakers by pairs from the same manufacturer-type...