Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rodders

Default Headphone out to RCA

Hi, my son bought a RCA adapter for his nano Ipod to allow him to plug it
into TV, music centre etc. Unfortunately most of his equipment doesnt have
any RCA connections, only headphones connections. I was wondering if there
was anything I could do to overcome this. The problem as I see it is the
headphone connection is coming out of the sytem that he is trying to put
music into.

Roddy

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Walt

GregS wrote:

In article , "Rodders" wrote:

Hi, my son bought a RCA adapter for his nano Ipod to allow him to plug it
into TV, music centre etc. Unfortunately most of his equipment doesnt have
any RCA connections, only headphones connections. I was wondering if there
was anything I could do to overcome this. The problem as I see it is the
headphone connection is coming out of the sytem that he is trying to put
music into.

Radio Shack?

The problem appears to be that he's trying to send output from the IPOD
to devices that don't have input jacks. Or maybe the input jacks are on
the back where he can't see them.

Anyway, if the device doesn't have input jacks, the fact that it has an
output headphone jack won't help. The only thing I can suggest is one
of those little FM transmitter thingees for the Ipod.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F3195329C

//Walt
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kalman Rubinson

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:14:39 GMT, "Rodders"
wrote:

Hi, my son bought a RCA adapter for his nano Ipod to allow him to plug it
into TV, music centre etc. Unfortunately most of his equipment doesnt have
any RCA connections, only headphones connections. I was wondering if there
was anything I could do to overcome this. The problem as I see it is the
headphone connection is coming out of the sytem that he is trying to put
music into.

You understand the situation. No, without electrical modifications,
there's no way to get a signal into these devices if they lack an
input jack.

Still, I find it surprising that TV and music centre lack any inputs.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rodders

news
wrote:

Hi, my son bought a RCA adapter for his nano Ipod to allow him to plug it
into TV, music centre etc. Unfortunately most of his equipment doesnt have
any RCA connections, only headphones connections. I was wondering if there
was anything I could do to overcome this. The problem as I see it is the
headphone connection is coming out of the sytem that he is trying to put
music into.

You understand the situation. No, without electrical modifications,
there's no way to get a signal into these devices if they lack an
input jack.

Still, I find it surprising that TV and music centre lack any inputs.

Kal

So was I when I went to look :-(

Roddy

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jeff Findley

"Rodders" wrote in message
Hi, my son bought a RCA adapter for his nano Ipod to allow him to plug it
into TV, music centre etc. Unfortunately most of his equipment doesnt have
any RCA connections, only headphones connections. I was wondering if there
was anything I could do to overcome this. The problem as I see it is the
headphone connection is coming out of the sytem that he is trying to put
music into.

Try one of those FM transmitters they sell for iPod products.

Jeff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:14:39 GMT, Rodders wrote:

Hi, my son bought a RCA adapter for his nano Ipod to allow him to plug it
into TV, music centre etc. Unfortunately most of his equipment doesnt have
any RCA connections, only headphones connections. I was wondering if there
was anything I could do to overcome this. The problem as I see it is the
headphone connection is coming out of the sytem that he is trying to put
music into.

Get a sledge hammer and have at it to that crappy equipment.

Then buy something worth more than the ipod's carrying case. It'll have
some form of inputs.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

As you say, an output is no substitute for an input. If there is no "aux"
input (typically 2 RCA phono sockets) on the equipment, there is no way to
cable the iPod to it.

"Rodders" wrote in message
Hi, my son bought a RCA adapter for his nano Ipod to allow him to plug it
into TV, music centre etc. Unfortunately most of his equipment doesnt have
any RCA connections, only headphones connections. I was wondering if there
was anything I could do to overcome this. The problem as I see it is the
headphone connection is coming out of the sytem that he is trying to put
music into.

Roddy

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

"mc" wrote in message
.. .
As you say, an output is no substitute for an input. If there is no "aux"
input (typically 2 RCA phono sockets) on the equipment, there is no way to
cable the iPod to it.

But someone else was right on target in suggesting that he get an FM
transmitter in order to play the iPod through a nearby FM radio.