Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bob_M

Default Help with Stuck 6-Disk CD Changer???

Gentlemen;

I have a Pioneer PD-M426 6 Disk CD player that has been pumping tunes
for years. It has worked flawlessly virtually forever.

Yesterday is stopped playing and here's the symptom:

It appears that the CD cartridge is stuck in the unit. I took the
cover off and verified that there is/are no CD's in the player
section. I even tried to coax the mechanism to assist with the eject
of the cartridge. But to no avail.

I also tried a little persuasion on the cartridge itself but its not
moving.

I do not have the manual and a search of the Pioneer site shows this
model but no docs or repair instructions.

Has anyone any clue as to what may have happened and how I can release
and remove the cartridge? My feeling is that if the cartridge can be
removed, checked and then reinserted the mechanism might just start
working again.

Any advise greatly appreciated. I am not ready to trade in my CD's
for MP3's yet.

Bob
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias

"Bob_M" wrote in message
[...]

In a situation like this the cartridge is often at fault. There is also a
challenging even for a tech type.

Mark Z.