Harry

Default Magneplanar 1.4 speakers

I'd be grateful for any adviice.

Is anyone out there familier with the Magneplanar 1.4 speakers?

I'm thinking of a move to panel speakers and while I am familier with
electrostatic speakers rom Martin Logan, Acoustat and Quad, I have not
heard any Magneplanar speakers.

I use a Primare 928 Pre-amp and a pair of Primare 928 monoblocks rated
at 100W into 8 ohms. Anyone care to venture whether they would be a
good match?

Thanks

Ralph Heidecke

I have a pair of Maggie 1b's (mid 80's vintage) and have had no problems
with amp sections less than 100W; a PS Audio 2c plus (70w), an HK 760
reciever(40w) and a European Pioneer Integrated Unit (not sure of the power
but I suspect is 30 to 40w). Maggies are usually low impedence design so an
amp with a hgih current capability helps, however I can't see you'd have an
issue with the amps you are using.

--
remove 901 from reply email for valid address.

-----
remove
"Harry" wrote in message
I'd be grateful for any adviice.

Is anyone out there familier with the Magneplanar 1.4 speakers?

I'm thinking of a move to panel speakers and while I am familier with
electrostatic speakers rom Martin Logan, Acoustat and Quad, I have not
heard any Magneplanar speakers.

I use a Primare 928 Pre-amp and a pair of Primare 928 monoblocks rated
at 100W into 8 ohms. Anyone care to venture whether they would be a
good match?

Thanks

Harry

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:06:14 GMT, " Ralph Heidecke"
wrote:

I have a pair of Maggie 1b's (mid 80's vintage) and have had no problems
with amp sections less than 100W; a PS Audio 2c plus (70w), an HK 760
reciever(40w) and a European Pioneer Integrated Unit (not sure of the power
but I suspect is 30 to 40w). Maggies are usually low impedence design so an
amp with a hgih current capability helps, however I can't see you'd have an
issue with the amps you are using.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure thatmy amp will b eable to cope with my
new Maggies. Have you anyexperience of how your speakers compare
sonically with a decent electrostatic speaker like the smaller Martin
Logans?
Harry

wrote:

I have a pair of Maggie 1b's (mid 80's vintage) and have had no problems
with amp sections less than 100W; a PS Audio 2c plus (70w), an HK 760
reciever(40w) and a European Pioneer Integrated Unit (not sure of the power
but I suspect is 30 to 40w). Maggies are usually low impedence design so an
amp with a hgih current capability helps, however I can't see you'd have an
issue with the amps you are using.

Thanks for the advice. I have bought a pair of Maggie 1.4s and am very
happy with them. As usual there are compromises. My old box speakers
(Rogers Studio 9s) are better in some respects but the maggies are
better in other ways. I am happy with them.

Thanks for the help.