Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Consumer toy of interest

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 03/01/2016 17:29, wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

Or you could just spend the 99 bucks on a halfway decent pair of headphones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, January 3, 2016 at 12:29:45 PM UTC-5, wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

$99 !!??
14 hours life!!??
I can get a whole My Pillow for a mere $100!!!
America in desperation!!
Marketing this so he can afford a razor!!!...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/george-appling-a788bb
Dimwad.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

This is the latest in a long tradition of magic boxes that "make things sound
better," from the bbe enhancer on up to the enhancement garbage built into the
Windows sound subsystem. It's just the first one sold as an outboard device
for headphones.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, January 3, 2016 at 1:08:18 PM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 03/01/2016 17:29, wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

Or you could just spend the 99 bucks on a halfway decent pair of headphones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

"While Jay-Z (Tidal) and Neil Young (Pono) are advocating for audio fidelity via lossless compression, the BoomStick uses an ingenious approach to improving sound quality".

Two dipwads = danger!!

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 03/01/2016 17:29, wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

Or you could just spend the 99 bucks on a halfway decent pair of headphones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

"While Jay-Z (Tidal) and Neil Young (Pono) are advocating for audio fidelity via lossless compression, the BoomStick uses an ingenious approach to improving sound quality".

Two dipwads = danger!!

From reading the review on the page, it is purely an equaliser and
booster amp. It apparently gets really nasty and clipped at high
volumes, especially at the higher setting.

I did the same thing with a couple of BC108 transistors and a handful of
passive bits in the 1970s.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On 03/01/2016 17:29, wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

Or you could just spend the 99 bucks on a halfway decent pair of headphones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

"While Jay-Z (Tidal) and Neil Young (Pono) are advocating for audio fidelity via lossless compression, the BoomStick uses an ingenious approach to improving sound quality".

Two dipwads = danger!!

From reading the review on the page, it is purely an equaliser and
booster amp. It apparently gets really nasty and clipped at high
volumes, especially at the higher setting.

I did the same thing with a couple of BC108 transistors and a handful of
passive bits in the 1970s.

Ha!! But these people that review, as Trump says, they haven't a clue!! New wave of Audiophiles!!

Probably what's inside, this $1.00 USD chip!!...
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa6111a2.pdf

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 03/01/2016 17:29, wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

Or you could just spend the 99 bucks on a halfway decent pair of headphones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

"While Jay-Z (Tidal) and Neil Young (Pono) are advocating for audio fidelity via lossless compression, the BoomStick uses an ingenious approach to improving sound quality".

Two dipwads = danger!!

From reading the review on the page, it is purely an equaliser and
booster amp. It apparently gets really nasty and clipped at high
volumes, especially at the higher setting.

I did the same thing with a couple of BC108 transistors and a handful of
passive bits in the 1970s.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

You can even preview the sound. Wow!!!...

http://www.boomcloud360.com/

Pure BS.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 03/01/2016 17:29, wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

Or you could just spend the 99 bucks on a halfway decent pair of headphones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Look....

"While TV has made huge strides in terms of quality, from black and white to 4K, audio has been going backward," Appling said in his company's press release. "In fact, our research shows that only 4 percent of consumers believe they are achieving great audio experience with their headphones."

Their research. Right!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 04/01/2016 17:34, JackA wrote:

You can even preview the sound. Wow!!!...

http://www.boomcloud360.com/

Hey, it *really* boosts the bass!!! What's not to like?

Maybe I shouldn't have plugged in a pair of $200 headphones to check it
out. ;-)

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 1:00:43 PM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 04/01/2016 17:34, JackA wrote:

You can even preview the sound. Wow!!!...

http://www.boomcloud360.com/

Hey, it *really* boosts the bass!!! What's not to like?

Like that rap artist that doesn't play music, but Dre Beats is the best!! Just like this piece of crap, no specifications whatsoever. Not sure who's more dangerous, US Gov. or these freak-show device manufacturers!

Maybe I shouldn't have plugged in a pair of $200 headphones to check it
out. ;-)

-- I like all these reviews, desperate for attention, will praise anything....
and they never tried it!! I need treble, not bass!

-- Oh, one decent review said there was a buzzing noise, and the headphone jack is junk! LOL!

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 5/01/2016 7:19 AM, JackA wrote:

-- I like all these reviews, desperate for attention, will praise
anything.... and they never tried it!! I need treble, not bass!

You, apparenetly, need 3000 Hz .

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 04/01/2016 19:50, geoff wrote:
On 5/01/2016 7:19 AM, JackA wrote:

-- I like all these reviews, desperate for attention, will praise
anything.... and they never tried it!! I need treble, not bass!

You, apparenetly, need 3000 Hz .

geoff

Yeah, he really does need to get his hearing checked or buy a working
set of headphones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 2:50:40 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 5/01/2016 7:19 AM, JackA wrote:

-- I like all these reviews, desperate for attention, will praise
anything.... and they never tried it!! I need treble, not bass!

You, apparenetly, need 3000 Hz .

I told myself, I will be nice to everyone in 2016, but you are pushing my buttons!!!

Jack

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 3:19:25 PM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 04/01/2016 19:50, geoff wrote:
On 5/01/2016 7:19 AM, JackA wrote:

-- I like all these reviews, desperate for attention, will praise
anything.... and they never tried it!! I need treble, not bass!

You, apparenetly, need 3000 Hz .

geoff

Yeah, he really does need to get his hearing checked or buy a working
set of headphones.

What you need is a broken keyboard. That would make me very happy!!

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

wrote in message

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

The one and only thing that improves sound is bacon.

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 4:31:36 PM UTC-5, polymod wrote:
wrote in message

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

The one and only thing that improves sound is bacon.

Bacon and eggs buds? You got it! Care for OJ?...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/324188873151302334/

Jack

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 3:19:25 PM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 04/01/2016 19:50, geoff wrote:
On 5/01/2016 7:19 AM, JackA wrote:

-- I like all these reviews, desperate for attention, will praise
anything.... and they never tried it!! I need treble, not bass!

You, apparenetly, need 3000 Hz .

geoff

Yeah, he really does need to get his hearing checked or buy a working
set of headphones.

For you and Geoff!!...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/324188873154180394/

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

wrote in message

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/03/technology/boomstick/

The one and only thing that improves sound is bacon.

Bacon and eggs buds? You got it! Care for OJ?...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/324188873151302334/

LOL! What will they think of next?

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Klay Anderson[_2_] Klay Anderson[_2_] is offline

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 9:20:40 AM UTC-7, John Williamson wrote:

I did the same thing with a couple of BC108 transistors and a handful of
passive bits in the 1970s.

You are fcuking funny.

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 3:19:25 PM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 04/01/2016 19:50, geoff wrote:
On 5/01/2016 7:19 AM, JackA wrote:

-- I like all these reviews, desperate for attention, will praise
anything.... and they never tried it!! I need treble, not bass!

You, apparenetly, need 3000 Hz .

geoff

Yeah, he really does need to get his hearing checked or buy a working
set of headphones.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

There guy with a 3kHz bad hearing agrees!...

http://www.circuitdiagram.org/images...-amplifier.gif

Jack