Posted to rec.audio.pro
JT[_3_] JT[_3_] is offline

Default Revox A77 pinch rollers interchangeable with B77?

Hi everyone,

I just need some advice.

Will a Revox A77 pinch roller fit a B77 Mk II deck? After many transfers on
my B77 the pinch roller has literally melted - it's just a sticky mess.

Many thanks for any help.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101017-1, 18/10/2010
Tested on: 18/10/2010 9:08:26 PM

Posted to rec.audio.pro

In a pinch.

Sorry, but you left yourself wide open for that one.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Taylor[_2_] John Taylor[_2_] is offline

On Oct 18, 2:08*pm, "JT" wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just need some advice.

Will a Revox A77 pinch roller fit a B77 Mk II deck? After many transfers on
my B77 the pinch roller has literally melted - it's just a sticky mess.

Many thanks for any help.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101017-1, 18/10/2010
Tested on: 18/10/2010 9:08:26 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2010 AVAST Software.http://www.avast.com

Yes, there are interchangeable.

I have not read Rec.Audio.Pro for 10 years but stumbled upon it today.
Seems weird to see names of people I met at AES in the 80s and 90s.
Stan
Posted to rec.audio.pro

I have not read Rec.Audio.Pro for 10 years but stumbled
upon it today. Seems weird to see names of people I met
at AES in the 80s and 90s.

And in another 10 years you'll be disturbed when you /don't/ see their
names.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

JT wrote:

I just need some advice.

Will a Revox A77 pinch roller fit a B77 Mk II deck? After many transfers on
my B77 the pinch roller has literally melted - it's just a sticky mess.

Yes, but if you have an A77 roller that has been on the shelf for 20 years,
it's probably not so good either. Take the pinch roller to a place that
does rubber recapping and have it rebuilt. The Ampex List Parts Suppliers
directory lists a bunch of people in the US but none in antipodean lands,
so you might want to go to your local print shop and ask who rebuilds their
press rollers.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"John Taylor" wrote in
message

I have not read Rec.Audio.Pro for 10 years but stumbled
upon it today. Seems weird to see names of people I met
at AES in the 80s and 90s. Stan

What's weird - that we didn't die or that we didn't change our names? ;-)

Surely you don't expect us to drop out of audio production?