Jimbo

Default Turntable To Computer Hookup PROBLEM SOLVED

I just wanted to thank all of you who helped me with the problem I had
trying to hookup my turntable to my computer a few weeks ago (see
original post below). The problem was solved by simply connecting a 'V'
cable from the R/L Tape Rec outputs on the back of my stereo receiver
(no pre-amp was needed after all) to the "sound in" jack on the back of
my computer. No buzzing sound, No hassle, and only $10.00 spent at Radio
Shack on a 'V' cable. Thanks again.

My goal is to be able to record from my turntable to my computer so that
I can burn to CD. Right now, I have just installed and connected the
M-Audio Audiophile USB 2496 to my stereo receiver's tape rec outputs and
no sound is coming out, nor is it working with my software (CD Spin
Doctor). before that I was using a phono preamp, which seemed to work,
but was giving me a buzz. I'm not sure what I should have the sound
control panel set at, but I've tried everything from "sound in" and "RCA
in" to Audiophile USB. Still nothing.

Anyhow, with the money i am spending and difficulties I am having trying
to get this all to work I am growing increasingly frustrated. So, if
anyone can give me some simple steps to get my $150.00 Audiophile 2496
to work with my turntable and software on my Mac computer I would
greatly appreciate it. I am having so much trouble with this.