tidyboyo

Default Blaupunkt Los Angeles MP72 gets really hot

"Wolfgang Hochleitner" wrote in message
Hi!

I installed a Blaupunkt Los Angeles MP72 into my Mazda 626 (European)

about
two weeks ago. The radio works fine, sound quality is superb, but after

some
driving time (approx. 1 hour) the radio gets really hot. It's not only the
radio's front side but also the CDs. I wouldn't mind if it was only the

heat
but when it gets hot like that it stops playing mp3s correctly. The

playing
stops every few seconds which is really annyoing. Original Audio CDs still
work fine, self-burnt CDs usually also work fine although I also got

reading
problems sometimes. Radio is not affected by all this.
What could be the cause for all this? Is there generally a heat-problem

with
blaupunkt devices? Is it possible, I installed something wrong? Or could

it
just be, that the type of (blank) CD I'm using is not really suitable?
Or would there be any possibility to cool the radio?

Thanx in advance!

Wolfgang

I bought one of those about this time last year, after having it replaced
three times because the faceplate wouldn't release when it got hot (after
about 1-1.5 hours use) and one of the replacements was the other way, close
the car door and the face would fall off!. Shame really, I liked the rest of
it and I expected better of Blaupunkt too.

tidyboyo