robert casey

Default What the hell happened to AudioKarma.org

Used to be a forum for discussing various audio topics,
including tube amps. Also antique radios and TVs.
Now I just get a generic search tool site with links
to advertisements.
Steven Dinius

"robert casey" wrote in message
hlink.net...
| Used to be a forum for discussing various audio topics,
| including tube amps. Also antique radios and TVs.
| Now I just get a generic search tool site with links
| to advertisements.

I'm not sure yet, but another member says they were having server problems
for at least two days and maybe they are down for service. I remember that
usually you get a DNS error in OE or "this domain is for sale" or often
sites are kind enough to place a redirct to a notice at that account. Have
you tried pinning down any relationship between the ad server and their
domain provider. The funny thing is that google is not returning many
relevant search hitd likrem it should ether, not even hits for posts by a
member of the Lansing Heritage forums with that name...

Grumpy does things differently and it appears this is his site now, not
Tim's.

Steven Dinius

"robert casey" wrote in message
hlink.net...
| Used to be a forum for discussing various audio topics,
| including tube amps. Also antique radios and TVs.
| Now I just get a generic search tool site with links
| to advertisements.

PS Wardsweb.org, the site owned by Luther the webmaster, doesn't link to it
either...???

Phil B

That's the trouble with web-hosted forums. They may be popular for years
and a wealth of information can accumulate, then poof! The host gives
up, loses interest, leaves town, runs out of money, gets divorced, gets
arrested or dies and it's all gone. One forum I liked suddenly went off
than came back a week later. There was a brief apology with no reason
given. The bad part was he lost his database of posts prior to the
outage. It hasn't been the same since. People get frustrated with stuff
like that.

Let's hope the AudioKarma forum comes back.

Phil B

"robert casey" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Used to be a forum for discussing various audio topics,
including tube amps. Also antique radios and TVs.
Now I just get a generic search tool site with links
to advertisements.

robert casey

Phil B wrote:

That's the trouble with web-hosted forums. They may be popular for years
and a wealth of information can accumulate, then poof! The host gives
up, loses interest, leaves town, runs out of money, gets divorced, gets
arrested or dies and it's all gone. One forum I liked suddenly went off
than came back a week later. There was a brief apology with no reason
given. The bad part was he lost his database of posts prior to the
outage. It hasn't been the same since. People get frustrated with stuff
like that.

Let's hope the AudioKarma forum comes back.

Hope so too. But there's
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forum....php?forumid=5
if not.

Phil B

Holy cow. That forum is very active judging from the view counts for
each post. If they ever go belly-up, a lot of people will be ****ed! I
never took note of the # of views at AudioKarma.

Phil B