Hello and help

Old November 12th 19, 08:33 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Hello and help

On 12/11/2019 6:57 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> geoff the blind ****head wrote:
>
> ------------------------------

>>> ** Both same & same price when I looked.
>>>
>>> Claimed to meet all specs as for the stock item.

>>> ** See above.

>> https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss
>>
>> This shows 5 PSUs. They all claim to be 'compatible with the Headrush
>> thang', though none have a listed current rating in the specs.

> ** Irrelevant.
>
>> Two with a current rating visible on the device label in the *picture*
>> say 1.6A, which last time I went to school was not 3.42 amps.

> ** Must have been the school of hard knocks ?
>
> FFS can't you see 1.6A is the max primary side amp rating ??
>
> Right next to the 100-240V spec ??
>
> With a 100VAC supply ( in Japan ) the rms amps is 1.6A at full load.
>
> Allow for a PF of 0.5 = 80 watts input to a 65W psu.
>
> Spot ****ing on.
>

>> Given all this lack of concise information,

> ** " 100% compatible will all the original features including over current and voltage protection " is precise.
>
> Concise is the wrong term.
>
> LOL

You are, of course, right regarding the current being 'primary. It would
be reassuring to me to actually have a full output voltage/current spec,
given the vagaries of the ads.

Hope you can get to the pharmacy what with all those fires and things.
Once the meds kick in hopefully you can return to being a less
unpleasant person.

Old November 12th 19, 11:42 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

geoff wrote:

--------------

> > ** Must have been the school of hard knocks ?
> >
> > FFS can't you see 1.6A is the max primary side amp rating ??
> >
> > Right next to the 100-240V spec ??
> >
> > With a 100VAC supply ( in Japan ) the rms amps is 1.6A at full load.
> >
> > Allow for a PF of 0.5 = 80 watts input to a 65W psu.
> >
> > Spot ****ing on.
> >

> You are, of course, right regarding the current being 'primary. It would
> be reassuring to me to actually have a full output voltage/current spec,
> given the vagaries of the ads.

** Most product advertising is deliberately vague, cos doing that benefits the seller. Being vague circumvents being sued.

Laws against misleading advertising are weak and rarely enforced cos the only folk with enough financial reason use them are other product advertisers.

But most of them fear the backlash from doing so cos it will likely open a Pandora's Box of cross actions against them.

Few if any are squeaky clean themselves.

Such is the honour among thieves.

..... Phil

...... Phil

Old November 12th 19, 05:36 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4

Thanks all! I am looking into a new one from Headrush, but I do not
even have the unit yet....so I will wait awhile and do some research
in the meantime. If all is good, I'd probably buy a new Headrush OEM
unit....though I'll wait and see.
Thanks again!

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296
Old November 14th 19, 05:32 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff > wrote:
>You are, of course, right regarding the current being 'primary. It would
>be reassuring to me to actually have a full output voltage/current spec,
>given the vagaries of the ads.

This is likely a cheap laptop switching supply. 19V is very common, and
the easiest thing is to go to a shop that sells used laptops or ask a
friend in the IT business to look through their AC adaptor pile for something
with the right connector.

All the laptop switching supplies are noisy as hell, but hopefully your
device is designed for good noise rejection. And they are pretty much free,
because people throw them out right and left.
Old November 17th 19, 02:40 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4

So I got my gigboard. No problems, it works great. Turns out the
seller did not really speak nglish and explained it to me wrong. I
simply needed a travel adapter because the adapter included had a
European plug, so I just needed to adapt it to USA and all was fine.

Old November 17th 19, 03:03 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 17/11/2019 2:40 pm, jtees4 wrote:
> So I got my gigboard. No problems, it works great. Turns out the
> seller did not really speak nglish and explained it to me wrong. I
> simply needed a travel adapter because the adapter included had a
> European plug, so I just needed to adapt it to USA and all was fine.
> Thanks again.
>

> Please check out my music:
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296

Best change the plug for a proper one. Adaptors are a weak point and
sometimes come loose when you least expect or want them to.

Old November 20th 19, 06:10 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 15:03:06 +1300, geoff >
wrote:

>On 17/11/2019 2:40 pm, jtees4 wrote:
>> So I got my gigboard. No problems, it works great. Turns out the
>> seller did not really speak nglish and explained it to me wrong. I
>> simply needed a travel adapter because the adapter included had a
>> European plug, so I just needed to adapt it to USA and all was fine.
>> Thanks again.
>>

>> Please check out my music:
>> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296
>>

>Best change the plug for a proper one. Adaptors are a weak point and
>sometimes come loose when you least expect or want them to.
>
>geoff

Yes, I agree...thanks. Right now I only play at home so it is not an
issue, but if I decide to play out, it will definitely a have a good
new power supply cord. They are certainkly cheap enough, under $20.