Hello and help

Old November 11th 19, 11:28 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4

Default Hello and help

This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
folks will know the answer.
I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
new power adapter for it. The manual says:
Input Voltage 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive
Is this enough info that maybe you can point me to what I may need (I
am in US).
Thanks so much!

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296
Old November 11th 19, 11:49 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

jtees4 wrote:

--------------

> This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
> folks will know the answer.
> I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
> new power adapter for it.

** Why??

It comes with one of course.

..... Phil
Old November 12th 19, 12:58 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Babiak

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S899H3R..._t1_B07TVR2161
Old November 12th 19, 01:00 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Babiak

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss
Old November 12th 19, 01:39 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 19:00:53 -0500, Paul Babiak >
wrote:

>On 11/11/2019 05:28 PM, jtees4 wrote:
>> This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
>> folks will know the answer.
>> I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
>> new power adapter for it. The manual says:
>> Input Voltage 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive
>> Is this enough info that maybe you can point me to what I may need (I
>> am in US).
>> Thanks so much!
>>

>> Please check out my music:
>> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296
>>

>https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss

Thanks for both links. It's funny, I saw the exact same one as the
first link on EBay....but that had some of the number blurred (it
looked like on purpose)....so I wasn't sure I could trust it. I didn't
even think of looking at Amazon. Much appreciated.

Old November 12th 19, 01:40 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 14:49:53 -0800 (PST), Phil Allison
> wrote:

>jtees4 wrote:
>
>--------------
>>
>> This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
>> folks will know the answer.
>> I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
>> new power adapter for it.
>>

>** Why??
>
> It comes with one of course.
>

>.... Phil

Not necessarily. It's used, and I got it for a VERY low price....and
if it does not work it's fully returnable.

Old November 12th 19, 04:16 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/11/2019 1:39 pm, jtees4 wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 19:00:53 -0500, Paul Babiak >
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/11/2019 05:28 PM, jtees4 wrote:
>>> This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
>>> folks will know the answer.
>>> I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
>>> new power adapter for it. The manual says:
>>> Input Voltage 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive
>>> Is this enough info that maybe you can point me to what I may need (I
>>> am in US).
>>> Thanks so much!
>>>

>>> Please check out my music:
>>> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296
>>>

>> https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss

> Thanks for both links. It's funny, I saw the exact same one as the
> first link on EBay....but that had some of the number blurred (it
> looked like on purpose)....so I wasn't sure I could trust it. I didn't
> even think of looking at Amazon. Much appreciated.
>

> Please check out my music:
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296

None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
the listing.

Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector. If there is a
2.5mm plug into a 2.1mm socket there will be a poor connection, and
possibly even a burn-out of the plug/socket. To check, get a 2.1mm plug
and if it fits then that's what it is. If it doesn't fit you'll need a
2.5mm plug. I would be a bit doubtful about using one of those PSUs with
an array of connectors that clip onto a universal adaptor on the lead -
is that high current is for real and not a typo.

Maybe best get a real replacement Headrush PSU ?

Old November 12th 19, 04:54 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

geoff wrote:
------------

> None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
> rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
> the listing.

** Both same & same price when I looked.

Claimed to meet all specs as for the stock item.

> Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector.

** See above.

> Maybe best get a real replacement Headrush PSU ?

** Be a safer bet than any cheap substitute.

The cheapies may have no overvoltage protection ( not usually part of the published spec) like a hefty zener across the output.

Might save the unit from destruction one day.

.... Phil

Old November 12th 19, 06:22 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/11/2019 4:54 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> geoff wrote:
> ------------
>

>> None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
>> rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
>> the listing.

> ** Both same & same price when I looked.
>
> Claimed to meet all specs as for the stock item.
>

>> Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector.

> ** See above.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss

This shows 5 PSUs. They all claim to be 'compatible with the Headrush
thang', though none have a listed current rating in the specs. Two with
a current rating visible on the device label in the *picture* say 1.6A,
which last time I went to school was not 3.42 amps.

Given all this lack of concise information, and only general claims
which would appear somewhere from rather vague to demonstrably
incorrect, I would not be confident that the DC plug would have the
correct diameter pin either.

>> Maybe best get a real replacement Headrush PSU ?
>>

> ** Be a safer bet than any cheap substitute.
>
> The cheapies may have no overvoltage protection ( not usually part of the published spec) like a hefty zener across the output.
>
> Might save the unit from destruction one day.

Yeah.

Old November 12th 19, 06:57 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

geoff the blind ****head wrote:

------------------------------

> >> None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
> >> rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
> >> the listing.

> > ** Both same & same price when I looked.
> >
> > Claimed to meet all specs as for the stock item.
> >

> >> Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector.

> > ** See above.

> https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss
>
> This shows 5 PSUs. They all claim to be 'compatible with the Headrush
> thang', though none have a listed current rating in the specs.

** Irrelevant.

> Two with a current rating visible on the device label in the *picture*
> say 1.6A, which last time I went to school was not 3.42 amps.

** Must have been the school of hard knocks ?

FFS can't you see 1.6A is the max primary side amp rating ??

Right next to the 100-240V spec ??

With a 100VAC supply ( in Japan ) the rms amps is 1.6A at full load.

Allow for a PF of 0.5 = 80 watts input to a 65W psu.

Spot ****ing on.

> Given all this lack of concise information,

** " 100% compatible will all the original features including over current and voltage protection " is precise.

Concise is the wrong term.

LOL

...... Phil