Does this look like an authentic film of an actual recording?

Old November 3rd 19, 04:13 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

Default Does this look like an authentic film of an actual recording?

On Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 9:12:58 AM UTC-5, Brassplyer wrote:
> Something I do notice, they obviously are actually performing and the one VU meter is responding in correlation to the the music and the tape player is running. It seems they were recording something.

Could have been playback of the mix minus vocal or total mix track, but yes, the meters track with the music.

Old November 3rd 19, 05:00 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

Who cares? And why? I understand the "what's that mic?" and ridiculing
the boffo mic placement in a video, and where was that tambourine player
anyway? But really, a video production is a production and it doesn't
have to be real.

Can we get back to talking about dBs and tubes vs. transistors?

Old November 3rd 19, 05:58 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >, Mike Rivers > wrote:
>Who cares? And why? I understand the "what's that mic?" and ridiculing
>the boffo mic placement in a video, and where was that tambourine player
>anyway? But really, a video production is a production and it doesn't
>have to be real.

Because the original post was someone asking if it was real.

Now... that said... this is a short piece out of a feature film which includes
a lot of concert footage that IS real, and I urge everyone to watch the whole
film and see the concerts which make it clear that the band really IS that
tight.

Even so, it wasn't that unusual for a band to play together in the
studio like that with minimal separation and no need for phones. However,
when heavy vocal effects are being used it is impossible for the vocalists
to take advantage of the artificial acoustics when doing this. And the
original recording has very heavy and bright reverb added to it. So I would
doubt that the original session looked much like that... but I have certainly
worked sessions that did.

Is it just me or does this look like 16mm ECO?

Old November 3rd 19, 08:07 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

On 11/3/2019 11:58 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Mike Rivers > wrote:
>> Who cares? And why?

> Because the original post was someone asking if it was real.
>
> Now... that said... this is a short piece out of a feature film which includes
> a lot of concert footage that IS real, and I urge everyone to watch the whole
> film and see the concerts which make it clear that the band really IS that
> tight.

Is it so hard to believe that a band can actually turn in a good live
performance in the studio? It's a small group, just a few vocalists, no
trick effects, playing a song that they've probably played hundreds of
times. Maybe I've been listening to too many bluegrass bands who, with
maybe a run-through or two to get the mix sorted out, could record an
album and have it ready for distribution in a couple of hours.

If I were to question anything about being live, it would be that the
12-string guitar sounds better than I expected for that setup, but it's
certainly possible.

Now here's on that's definitely live, and Mary does a better job that I
expected keeping up with Les.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awjTKeS9Wvo

Old November 3rd 19, 08:26 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 03/11/2019 19:07, Mike Rivers wrote:

> Now here's on that's definitely live, and Mary does a better job that I
> expected keeping up with Les.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awjTKeS9Wvo

I was smiling all the way through that. Thanks for linking.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old November 3rd 19, 11:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 4/11/2019 3:12 am, Brassplyer wrote:
> Something I do notice, they obviously are actually performing and the one VU meter is responding in correlation to the the music and the tape player is running. It seems they were recording something.

A meter moving does not mean they were recording anything.

Old November 3rd 19, 11:23 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

Brassplyer wrote:

------------------
> Something I do notice, they obviously are actually performing and the one VU meter is responding in correlation to the the music and the tape player is running. It seems they were recording something.

** You vying for the "Gullible Fool" award of the year?

FFS wise up dickhead.

.... Phil
Old November 4th 19, 02:46 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
brassplyer

On Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 11:00:40 AM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
> Who cares?

Me.
Old November 4th 19, 03:05 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
brassplyer

On Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 5:23:50 PM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
> Brassplyer wrote:
>
> > Something I do notice, they obviously are actually performing and the one VU meter is responding in correlation to the the music and the tape player is running. It seems they were recording something.

> ** You vying for the "Gullible Fool" award of the year?

I'm making an observation - they're obviously actually singing and playing, the VU meter is moving. Could be they're recording even if it's not what's being heard on the playback.

> FFS wise up dickhead.

Feel better now that you've let your personality disorder run free?
Old November 4th 19, 03:51 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

Brassplyer anonymous scumbag wrote:

** **** off to hell you retarded damn troll.