'getting the most out of vacuum tubes' by Tomer

Old May 10th 19, 03:22 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default 'getting the most out of vacuum tubes' by Tomer

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 7:03:30 PM UTC-4, Big Bad Bob wrote:
> FYI - plug for this particular book. It discusses some rather
> interesting design principles, and observations about testing tubes, how
> they don't always perform the same depending on the circuit, etc. and
> how to extend tube life, yotta yotta yotta.
>
> long read, good info. mostly skimming, had a copy as PDF for a while
> now, looking over it again for ideas.
>
> https://www.tubedepot.com/products/g...f-vacuum-tubes
>

> found PDF here, didn't DL but probably correct
>
> http://www.tubebooks.org/Books/intro...um_Tu bes.pdf

My #1 go to book on tubes. Easy to understan no nonsense explanations.

About twenty years ago I was working on lowering hum in Ampeg SVT amplifiers.
I called my good friend Rich K and he told me to get the Tomer book. Rich never gave me a direct answer to anything I ever asked, he would instead give subtle clues and such, but he was a thoughtful and effective teacher willing to share his knowledge,,, BUT you bloody well had to work for it!

The Tomer book clearly offered up the simple answer. RDH confirmed as well.

Got the amps noise floor down and the amp was ready for the studio. (not sure why they wanted a 300 watt bass amp for studio recording).

'getting the most out of vacuum tubes' by Tomer Big Bad Bob Vacuum Tubes 1 September 29th 15 08:10 PM
FS: Electron Tubes/ Vacuum Tubes/ radiotron/ RCA, GE, Tung-Sol , Vintage mrsparkle48045 Vacuum Tubes 0 October 2nd 07 01:25 AM
Old vacuum tubes for sale Christian Fischer Vacuum Tubes 0 January 24th 05 12:53 AM
F.S. : 12 RCA 6L6/5881 vacuum tubes S. White Vacuum Tubes 0 November 19th 03 09:42 PM
Vacuum tubes in vacuum Tom Schlangen Vacuum Tubes 10 July 16th 03 01:24 AM