Dinsdale

Default Wharfdale Opinions

Everytime I browse Amazon.com for this or that, I can't help notice the
ever-changing line Wharfdale lineup in the Electronics category.

I'm not usually one to purchase audio equipment online, but I wonder if
anyone has opinions on this line of speaker.

Price-to-performance wise, what do you think of these speakers?

Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 70th-Year Anniversary Speakers (Rosewood)

For $379.00, a two-way, vented speaker with a 6.5" woofer?

Your opinions are appreciated.

What's unusual is how some models don't last long on the site, and are
discontinued.

Thanks!

ReEfErMaDnEsS

I owned a pair of their Valdus 500SE's for about 4 months, great bass, muddy
mids, average highs, but over all for the $250 I paid delivered they were
adequate. I only upgraded when I found a pair of Ohm Walsh1's at a flea
market for $35, MINT condition. Their Diamond series has reviewed well,
check out epinions.com and especially audioreview.com for real world
reviews. Ubid.com also quite often sells their stuff. I currently use
their Valdus Center channel and it dominates my neighbor's high dollar
infinity speaker.

"Dinsdale" wrote in message
Everytime I browse Amazon.com for this or that, I can't help notice the
ever-changing line Wharfdale lineup in the Electronics category.

I'm not usually one to purchase audio equipment online, but I wonder if
anyone has opinions on this line of speaker.

Price-to-performance wise, what do you think of these speakers?

Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 70th-Year Anniversary Speakers (Rosewood)

For $379.00, a two-way, vented speaker with a 6.5" woofer?

Your opinions are appreciated.

What's unusual is how some models don't last long on the site, and are
discontinued.

Thanks!

Michael Dennis

"Dinsdale" wrote in message ...
Everytime I browse Amazon.com for this or that, I can't help notice the
ever-changing line Wharfdale lineup in the Electronics category.

I'm not usually one to purchase audio equipment online, but I wonder if
anyone has opinions on this line of speaker.

Price-to-performance wise, what do you think of these speakers?

Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 70th-Year Anniversary Speakers (Rosewood)

For $379.00, a two-way, vented speaker with a 6.5" woofer?

Your opinions are appreciated.

What's unusual is how some models don't last long on the site, and are
discontinued.

Thanks!

Here in the Uk, Wharfedale are regarded as fairly average. There are
other brands such as Mission ,Tannoy Kef, BW,Castle,Neat Petite and
Monitor Audio that would deliver better results

Opinions?? - Help With Selecting Receiver M. Mutt General 2 May 9th 04 01:04 PM
Opinions on Sub fr335tyl3r Car Audio 2 January 3rd 04 03:25 AM
Opinions wanted on Hifonics Brutus 1500D Paul Vina Car Audio 4 October 21st 03 07:25 PM
VCR opinions wanted. Arnold Holbrook Audio Opinions 4 September 9th 03 01:58 AM
Vibe CBR 12 Opinions Nona Car Audio 1 August 30th 03 01:46 AM