mnawaz3

Default FS: Connoisseur Mares 2.0 Phono Preamp. $6000. Best Phono Stage?

For Sale:
Very rare, Connoisseur Mares 2.0 Phono Preamp. $6000.
This is about 10 years old. Originally $10,000.
Current versions of the unit built by Lyra are $30,000 and $15,000.
This version is more versatile than the current versions because
it has built in volume controls that allow the line stage to be
optionally skipped. Great working & cosmetic condition. Designed with
plenty of
gain in order to drive low MC directly. I have tried
it with cartridges of 0.2, 0.25, & 0.3 mv and there was plenty of
head rooom. Not sure about exact number but gain maybe 72 db. This
unit
can be plugged directly into an amp or can be plugged into a line
stage.
Note that I have only used it with low input MC. I dont know if
highout MM cartridges could be used safely. Local auditions in NJ
possible.
Note that it took me 8 years of searching before I located this unit.
This is the by far the best commercial phono stage I have heard. It is
MUCH,
MUCH better than Supratek Cortese, DNM, Klyne, CAT, ARC, CJ, Jadis.
Price is firm.
thks

biondo62 biondo62 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnawaz3 View Post
[...]
hello, please can you tell me if your connoisseur mares is still for sale? thank you very much, kind regards, gianluca