Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,uk.rec.audio,alt.audio.equipment
HiFi Confidential HiFi Confidential is offline

Default FS: Yamaha AX-497 - 100W Stereo Integrated Amp Titanium Finish -London, Victoria

FS: Yamaha AX-497 - 100W Stereo Integrated Amp Titanium Finish -
London, Victoria

Yamaha's highly recommended top class high power and pure sound
technology amplifier with ToP-ART, CD/DVD direct amplification and
linear damping.

See http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/hificonf/m.html

- Ian

When you buy audio from HiFi Confidential you are buying from a real
world shop in central London that has been selling top A/V gear for
over 21 years. http://www.hificonfidential.co.uk/

HiFi Confidential Ltd, 32 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0RE
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,uk.rec.audio,alt.audio.equipment
recursor[_2_] recursor[_2_] is offline

On 23/01/2012 13:32, HiFi Confidential wrote:
FS: Yamaha AX-497 - 100W Stereo Integrated Amp Titanium Finish -
London, Victoria

As it happens I have two of those and very good value for money they are too.
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,uk.rec.audio,alt.audio.equipment

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 05:32:13 -0800 (PST), HiFi Confidential
wrote:

FS: Yamaha AX-497 - 100W Stereo Integrated Amp Titanium Finish -
London, Victoria

Yamaha's highly recommended top class high power and pure sound
technology amplifier with ToP-ART, CD/DVD direct amplification and
linear damping.

What's linear damping, please?. Oh and while I'm at it, what is pure
sound technology? I'll save my question about tO-ParT or whatever
miscellany of caps and lower case for a future post.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,uk.rec.audio,alt.audio.equipment

wrote:

FS: Yamaha AX-497 - 100W Stereo Integrated Amp Titanium Finish -
London, Victoria

Yamaha's highly recommended top class high power and pure sound
technology amplifier with ToP-ART, CD/DVD direct amplification and
linear damping.

.....what is pure sound technology?

It's Yamaha's name for being able to switch out the tone controls

I'll save my question about tO-ParT or whatever
miscellany of caps and lower case for a future post.

Don't bother, no one cares.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,uk.rec.audio,alt.audio.equipment

*wrote:

FS: Yamaha AX-497 - 100W Stereo Integrated Amp Titanium Finish -
London, Victoria

Yamaha's highly recommended top class high power and pure sound
technology amplifier with ToP-ART, CD/DVD direct amplification and
linear damping.

.....what is pure sound technology?

It's Yamaha's name for being able to switch out the tone controls

I'll save my question about tO-ParT or whatever
miscellany of caps and lower case for a future post.

Don't bother, no one cares.

Indeed, the search engine optimiser neither knows, nor cares. He flows
between keywords and inbound links, oblivious to the cut and paste of
clear thinking, out here we is zoned, immaculate.

I think it probably comes with a plastic lid though.

Perhaps you'd rather have one of our phono cables? Only 33p per
millimetre!

http://www.hificonfidential.co.uk/pr...oducts_id=3439

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,uk.rec.audio,alt.audio.equipment

wrote:

[...]

Sorry they don't seem to have orthagonal braiding and are therefore clearly an
inferior product. In any case a cable costing less than £1 per mm must have
been built down to a price and obviously would be unacceptable to any real
Audiofule.
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,uk.rec.audio,alt.audio.equipment
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

wrote:

FS: Yamaha AX-497 - 100W Stereo Integrated Amp Titanium Finish -
London, Victoria

Yamaha's highly recommended top class high power and pure sound
technology amplifier with ToP-ART, CD/DVD direct amplification and
linear damping.

What's linear damping, please?. Oh and while I'm at it, what is pure
sound technology? I'll save my question about tO-ParT or whatever
miscellany of caps and lower case for a future post.

Apparently, you don't read the, "specs" of the items in the Musicians Friend
catalog, or you would be familiar with these engineering terms....:^)

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,uk.rec.audio,alt.audio.equipment

wrote:

FS: Yamaha AX-497 - 100W Stereo Integrated Amp Titanium Finish -
London, Victoria

Yamaha's highly recommended top class high power and pure sound
technology amplifier with ToP-ART, CD/DVD direct amplification and
linear damping.

What's linear damping, please?. Oh and while I'm at it, what is pure
sound technology? I'll save my question about tO-ParT or whatever
miscellany of caps and lower case for a future post.

Apparently, you don't read the, "specs" of the items in the Musicians Friend
catalog, or you would be familiar with these engineering terms....:^)

Oh dear. I'd better go and have a look then.