Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] envuelto@gmail.com is offline

Default Yahoo group for LWE motional feedback loudspeakers made by Louis W. Erath & Acoustron

A bunch of us LWE speaker fanatics are collecting and sharing
information about these early (1965-71) servo loudspeakers. These are
the ones that Steve Zipser (RIP) used to rave about all the time on
usenet with the flat frequency response from 20hz-20khz:

LWE-1 - a three way system using
a 15" CTS woofer, a 6" CTS solid-back midrange and an Electro-Voice T-
35 tweeter horn mounted in a speaker cabinet with dimensions of: 25"
H, 17" W, 12" D. Power rating: 50 watts. Resistance: 4 ohms.
Frequency response is 22 Hz - 20 kHz. SPL rated at 96 dB/per watt @
1m. Room gain control, mid and high level controls.

We've already got a lot of members (including Louis himself) sharing
historical data, photos, information about connecting the LWE's
negative feedback circuit to a suitable amplifer (we have clipkits!),
operating instructions, magazine reviews etc...

We have a growing library of clipkits, and now a manual from CM labs
with instructions on how to test any amplifier and fashion a clipkit to
enable the feedback network.

If you are looking for information about these speakers please come on
by and help yourself and if you have any information to share, that
would be great!