Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris Notton Chris Notton is offline

Default Schematic required NTP Phasing scope

Hi Guys,

Anyone got the schematic for a NTP 277-500 phasing scope (Goniometer) as
fitted to SSL desks etc? The people who now own NTP are very helpful but
say they didn't receive documentation for this product when they took
over the company!!

Anyone gotta circuit? Would save me a shedload of time.

Also looking for a new tube (AEG Telefunken D7-16 GJ) when I get it
fixed. It is for a restoration job I'm working on at the moment.

Pip pip
--
Chris Notton
Replace "nospam" with my surname to reply by email
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Chris Notton wrote:
Hi Guys,

Anyone got the schematic for a NTP 277-500 phasing scope (Goniometer) as
fitted to SSL desks etc? The people who now own NTP are very helpful but
say they didn't receive documentation for this product when they took
over the company!!

Anyone gotta circuit? Would save me a shedload of time.

I don't, but I can guess it. What is the thing doing?

Also looking for a new tube (AEG Telefunken D7-16 GJ) when I get it
fixed. It is for a restoration job I'm working on at the moment.

Try Sphere Research in Canada, www.sphere.bc.ca. They have a good stock
on old scope tubes. You can probably also get Hawkeye Picture Tubes to
rebuild the old tube for you, and it might be cheaper.

The GJ means it has a short persistance phosphor. You may want to consider
replacing it with the GM long persistence phosphor. The tube may be easier
to find, and personally I tend to like the long persistence on a phase meter.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris Notton Chris Notton is offline

In article , says...
Chris Notton wrote:
[...]

--scott

Hey Scott,

Well the PSU dies after a variable amount of time, there is a voltage
multiplication circuit that I think is collapsing. I thought that
getting a circuit diagram for such a common accessory would be easy but
no go.
I will check out the new tube suppliers after I get it fixed as it has
quite a burn on it.

Pip pip
--
Chris Notton
Replace "nospam" with my surname to reply by email
Sostituisca il "nospam" con il mio cognome per rispondere
}////(*
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Chris Notton wrote:

Well the PSU dies after a variable amount of time, there is a voltage
multiplication circuit that I think is collapsing. I thought that
getting a circuit diagram for such a common accessory would be easy but
no go.

Is the multiplier open to air, or is it all sealed up in epoxy? Does it
smell funny?

You got the choice of a diode going open when it gets hot or a ceramic
cap that is cracked and goes open when it gets hot. If you have a
meter with an HV probe, it can help a lot. But my tendency would be to
just shotgun all the caps and diodes in the multiplier out. You can get
a roll of 1N4007s for a couple pennies each.

Do get the HV probe and make sure there's still something coming off the
transformer.... the multiplier parts in general are much more likely to
fail open than shorted so if you actually measure low voltage coming
off the transformer, it's probably time to look earlier in the circuit.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris Notton Chris Notton is offline

Default Schematic obtained NTP Phasing scope

In article , says...
Chris Notton wrote:
[...]

Hey All,

I eventually obtained a manual, set-up info & diagrams of the NTP
phasing scope & have successfully repaired it! The owner has given me
permission to offer the information to any other owners who need it, so
if you have got one.......

The problem was the CMOS "chopper" circuit that was used to generate the
h.t. voltages. Oh yes, & the intensity control was not doing anything!

Tricky little buggers these, took flippin ages!

Still can't find a new tube though so if anyone comes across a AEG
Telefunken D7-16 GJ or GM (thanks Scott) please drop me an email

Pip pip
--
Chris Notton
Replace "nospam" with my surname to reply by email
Sostituisca il "nospam" con il mio cognome per rispondere
}////(*

supiarmando supiarmando is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Notton View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone got the schematic for a NTP 277-500 phasing scope (Goniometer) as
fitted to SSL desks etc? The people who now own NTP are very helpful but
say they didn't receive documentation for this product when they took
over the company!!

Anyone gotta circuit? Would save me a shedload of time.

Also looking for a new tube (AEG Telefunken D7-16 GJ) when I get it
fixed. It is for a restoration job I'm working on at the moment.

Pip pip
--
Chris Notton
Replace "nospam" with my surname to reply by email
Sostituisca il "nospam" con il mio cognome per rispondere
}////(*
Hi there,

I really would need the schema for the NTP 277-500. I have a broken one, which needs to be fixed.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] brettm@ase.co.za is offline

On Saturday, 28 March 2009 02:15:19 UTC+2, Chris Notton wrote:
In article says...
Chris Notton
[...]

Hi Chris,

We are servicing an SSL console and the NTP 277-500 was serviced by a previous technician. This scope was not working thereafter. We need the schematics to be able to repair the unit. Would you be able to send me the above mentioned?

Brett
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Still can't find a new tube though so if anyone comes across a AEG
Telefunken D7-16 GJ or GM (thanks Scott) please drop me an email

you might try the amateur radio "boatanchors" forums.

Mark
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[...]

Chris Notton is now working for Keylight, the Otari guys in the UK. You
can reach him at chris at mtr90.com, I believe.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 15:30:20 UTC+2, Scott Dorsey wrote:
[...]

Thank you Scott. I appreicate the info.

Regards
Brett

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] mlasysteme@gmail.com is offline

I purchased NTP 277-500 on ebay, now I managed to connect it but intensity is very bad. If turn intensity knob fully clockwise I can see some light green signal, but it can be seen only in dark. Do anyone have any idea what is wrong? Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 17/12/2015 19:24, wrote:
I purchased NTP 277-500 on ebay, now I managed to connect it but intensity is very bad. If turn intensity knob fully clockwise I can see some light green signal, but it can be seen only in dark. Do anyone have any idea what is wrong? Thanks.

First off, I don't know the unit in question, but have been repairing
electronics for a few decades.

If it's a CRT tube, the three main possibilities are not enough HT, too
much voltage on the control grid and not enough emission from the heater.

The grid voltage should go to almost zero at the bright end of the
control run, and may be a hundred volts or so negative at the dim end of
the control run, while heater voltage should be 6.3 volts ac for most
tubes. If you can safely do it, check the HT voltage on the accelerating
electrode, which should be high, and may be up to 2kV. The connection is
normally under an insulating cap at the display end of the tube and
fairly hard to get at.

If the focus control works (It may be on the PCB, not the front panel),
and you can get a sharp spot with the timebase turned off or both inputs
with no signal, the HT is probably okay, and if you defocus the spot,
you can get an image of the cathode on the face of the tube, which
should show even emission all over. Unevenness may mean the tube is shot.

If it's an LCD display, then the backlight will be the problem, with
either the lamp or inverter having failed, or there may be a bad
connection between the brightness control and the inverter. If you get
anything at all on the display, then the display and its driver are
probably okay.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] avcorpmichaelpapas@gmail.com is offline

Has anybody got the schematic for the NTP 277-500 ?
I have access to the original Telefunken tubes.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Has anybody got the schematic for the NTP 277-500 ?
I have access to the original Telefunken tubes.

This thread is nearly a decade old now. Chris Notton doesn't hang out here
any longer, but he's the guy with the original problem and he did eventually
come up with the schematic of the thing.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris Notton[_2_] Chris Notton[_2_] is offline

On Monday, 5 December 2016 14:22:31 UTC, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Has anybody got the schematic for the NTP 277-500 ?
I have access to the original Telefunken tubes.

This thread is nearly a decade old now. Chris Notton doesn't hang out here
any longer, but he's the guy with the original problem and he did eventually
come up with the schematic of the thing.

Hey Scott, I sold the last tube a while ago but I still have the diagrams if anybody needs them.
contact me on www.otari.co.uk
Regards to all.

SoundSoap Problem - EQ Phasing [email protected] Pro Audio 3 August 11th 05 01:00 PM
Schematic required for Bogan P. A. CHB20A chuck Vacuum Tubes 0 March 26th 05 04:45 PM
Drum Phasing Audioamigo Pro Audio 24 February 16th 05 08:03 PM
Phasing issue? Brian Janus Pro Audio 7 October 19th 03 05:04 PM
Phasing Problem Ann Pro Audio 4 August 13th 03 10:17 PM