Ty Ford

Default ISO single line telephone hybrid

Anyone have one sitting around collecting dust?

Please email me.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Ty Ford wrote:
Anyone have one sitting around collecting dust?

Please email me.

Regards,

Ty Ford

-- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other

audiocentric
stuff are at www.tyford.com

Ty,
A while back I sold a Gentner SPH-3a to a fellow who just couldn't
figure out how to use it. I believe he's selling it (on Ebay perhaps)
for around $200, & I'd be happy to connect you & him if you like.
Mikey Wozniak
Nova Music Productions
this sig is haiku

Jay Rose

Anyone have one sitting around collecting dust?

I thought you had an ISDN codec. Most of them make elegant hybrids when
calling POTS lines.

--
Clio/Emmy-winning sound design
617 277 0041
DeserTBoB

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:20:07 -0500, Ty Ford
wrote:

Anyone have one sitting around collecting dust? snip

Are you talking about WECO 111C repeat coils? Those were used for 900
ohm hybrid service by the ton back in the old days.

dB
Scott Dorsey

wrote:

Anyone have one sitting around collecting dust? snip

Are you talking about WECO 111C repeat coils? Those were used for 900
ohm hybrid service by the ton back in the old days.

He wants a nice box with a 111C, a loading network, and some attenuators
in it. I have my Heathkit away a couple months ago, otherwise I would have
volunteered it.

There are a lot of commercial hybrids available for cheap right now because
of the digital stuff becoming popular.

Ty Ford

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:40:47 -0500, Scott Dorsey wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

Anyone have one sitting around collecting dust? snip

Are you talking about WECO 111C repeat coils? Those were used for 900
ohm hybrid service by the ton back in the old days.

He wants a nice box with a 111C, a loading network, and some attenuators
in it. I have my Heathkit away a couple months ago, otherwise I would have
volunteered it.

There are a lot of commercial hybrids available for cheap right now because
of the digital stuff becoming popular.
--scott

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of a Telos One digital hybrid
for recording separate channels of audio in a phone conversation.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Scott Dorsey

DeserTBoB wrote:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:20:07 -0500, Ty Ford wrote:

Anyone have one sitting around collecting dust? snip

Are you talking about WECO 111C repeat coils? Those were used for 900
ohm hybrid service by the ton back in the old days.

He wants a nice box with a 111C, a loading network, and some attenuators
in it. I have my Heathkit away a couple months ago, otherwise I would have
volunteered it.

There are a lot of commercial hybrids available for cheap right now because
of the digital stuff becoming popular.

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of a Telos One digital hybrid
for recording separate channels of audio in a phone conversation.

To be honest, the Telus One doesn't give you very much more separation than
a 111C in a box. What it does give you is instant separation without having
to fiddle with the loading controls for each call.

The older analogue hybrids that require manual setup are, as I said, very
cheap right now because everyone is going the digital route. And if you
can spend half a minute tweaking a knob for best rejection (or two knobs
in the case of some of the older ones), they are just as effective.

Orrtronics, formerly Harris-Allied's used guys have shelves of older analogue
hybrids that they can't get rid of most of the time. 800-300-0733.