Burned CDDA disks don't stop after last track

Old September 22nd 03, 06:07 AM
Lionel Hasselhoff

Default Burned CDDA disks don't stop after last track

The audio cds that I have been burning lately are not stopping after
the end of the final track. All of them play blank space after the
last track until they run up against the 80 min barrier. Some of them
have a slght pop at the end of the last track, others don't.

I am using cdrecord under Red Hat Linux 8.0 for the cds in question.
Disks that I burned a couple of months ago with Nero Express end after
the last track, but my CD changer does not switch to the next disk as
it does with commercial disks. The toc shows that there is a
leadout track. When burning, cdrecord says that it is fixating the
disk.

I have checked into this a good bit in various documentation and
archives, but I haven't turned up any promising leads. Can
someone clue me in as to the possible reasons why my cds continue
playing after the end of the last track, or why the changer fails to
switch to the next disk?

Thanks,

Lionel