Kurt Riemann

Default Protools AV Option - is this just internal smpte?

Protools AV Option - is this just internal smpte?

So - I'm looking to grab a three 002 rigs but I need to lock to
external time code. HD is too overpowered and pricey for the use.

Digi says a lot on their site about how the AV Option throws smpte
into your LE software, but is this just for purposes of placing SMPTE
on the timeline? Can you even lock to an external source or (typically
Digi) is this just for OMF/Avid internal compatibility?

I suppose my biggest clue is that there is no time code I/O on the 002
boxes. Or can you use another synchronizer?

They are far too cryptic at Digidesign. What's the straight poop?

Tanks-

Kurt Riemann

Digidog27

Protools AV Option - is this just internal smpte?

So - I'm looking to grab a three 002 rigs but I need to lock to
external time code. HD is too overpowered and pricey for the use. BRBR
as far as i know the AV option is only an add on to a tdm system.
the AV option is actually avid video digitizing harware.
smpte IS available in protools TDM software whether you have the AV or AV/XL
option or not.

if you are going with the 002, then you perhaps are looking for the dv toolkit,
which ultimately has a few perks, but the main reason anyone would buy it would
be the smpte option.
Kurt Riemann

the dv toolkit,

Oops - That's what I meant.

which ultimately has a few perks, but the main reason anyone would buy it would
be the smpte option.

So is this the smpte aid I'm looking for? (same question - does it
follow external smpte?)

Gracias -

Kurt Riemann