jay

Default Too much Vibration on the Trunk

I just added a JL Audio 12w6 to a mustang convertible. What I'm getting now
is a lot of distortion due to the amount of pressure the speaker box is
pushing out. What I'm experiencing is that my trunk is vibrating right at
the middle to the point where it doesn't touch the trunk rubber sealer any
more. If I lay my hand from the outside and add enough pressure, I can
densen the vibration to a more comfortable level.

When I'm inside of the car, the vibration is so loud that it distort the
bass coming from the trunk. Which makes it unenjoyable to listen to music.

Is there any solution to this? I have consultent with some audio pro's and
they have told me that Dynamat will not work since the pressure is pushing
the trunk up and the distortion is the trunk bounding up and down.

I'm only pushing less than 500 Watts to the speaker. I've seen other cars
where they push 2000 Watts and the distortion is quite low.

T-REx

"jay" wrote in message
[...]

Try messing around with the sealer to your trunk. That little rubber lining
may be worn out, or maybe you just need a bigger/thicker one. Try adding
towels. If the vibrations go away, that's your problem.

check this site out: http://installer.com/tech/rattles.html

second skin rep

yeah
getting new weather stripping might help
also look in to sound damping the trunk lid and rear dash
check out these good dampers
edead
rammar
secondskin damplifier or
STFU-80

If you have any second skin questions feel free to email me

ANT
www.secondskinaudio.com
--
second skin rep