Marc Wielage

Default FA: McIntosh MC2505 Stereo Amplifier

This was one of McIntosh's premiere solid-state stereo amplifiers from the
late 1970s, and is ideal for someone who has a small system (like one in a
den or office) and doesn't need a lot of power. Like its big brothers, the
2505 boasts a beautifully-styled front-panel, featuring two large
characteristic blue-lit power meters, which work perfectly. All the switches,
volume controls, and jacks on this amp are in perfect working order.

The MC2505 originally sold for $549 (in late-1970s dollars!), but my starting
bid is hundreds below that. I'd judge the condition of this amplifier to be
Very Good, but not Mint (probably a B- or C+).

Auction ends November 26, 2003 @ 5:45 PDT.

See

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=39 783&r
d=1