Joseph Oberlander

Robert Morein wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
ink.net...

trotsky wrote:

You know, that's interesting: I was assembling a pair of speakers
yesterday, attempting to screw the crossover boards in place, when a
screw got tangled in the insulation and I couldn't get it out. I then
used my Dremel's cutting tool attachment to cut the head of the screw
off. It showered sparks for about 90 seconds continuously, and I
briefly wondered if one of you dumb ****ing *******s might've been
right, and something could catch fire. No, I'm afraid not.

I said adhesive. Obviously, you are using it correctly.
Me? I've never heard of a speaker catching fire. The other
people are razzing you - because even Bose crud doesn't catch fire.

Sure they do.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml96/96105.html

Oh my bad. Better got UL to test your speakers, then

trotsky

Michael Mckelvy wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Robert Morein wrote:

A very succinct summary.
It's the personality, not the speakers, which draws the fire.

"Draws fire?" What happened to "catches fire"? It blows my mind that a
bunch of supposedly grown men sit around and talk trash in this manner.
And, of course, you Bob are the biggest hypocrite of them
all--although that's admittedly a long list. Dogging me with your Brian
McCarty like tactics--amazing. I suppose you're already getting your
just desserts because you're such a bad writer; misery loves company.
The only consolation I have is that even a whole newsgroup of beatoffs
and anonymice can't stand toe to toe with me. Oh, and that I've got an
excellent product and you don't. That's got to really burn you, eh Bob?

They've stood toe to toe and beat the living **** out of you. You're just
to stupid to know it.

Please explain in detail the precautions you took to prevent your
speakers from catching fire, Mickey.

Buh-bye!

trotsky

Michael Mckelvy wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Dogma4e wrote:

Well, as ye sow, so shall ye reap. Right, Greg?

I agree with you, anonymouse. Everybody on the newsgroup should get
their chance to behave like trash, and nobody missed a turn. In one way
you're correct: this *is* about ego. I don't know why I feel compelled
to prove that I'm better than everybody else, but I certainly am here.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha
yehehahohehehehhahoohahehohahahahahahahohahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha
hohohohohohahaha.

All this time I thought it was an act, you really are an idiot without the
least bit of introspection.

Please do yourself a favor and and stick your finger in a light socket and
turn on the juice. Maybe some shock treatment will do you some good.

Hey, is the flammability factor the reason why you got out of the
business, Mickey? Why are you so bound and determined to illustrate how
stupid an asshole you really are?

trotsky

George M. Middius wrote:

Sockpuppet Yustabe said:

When I want misery, I'll just listen to a pair of Europas.

How do you know? You have never heard any.

I think he means he'd experience misery knowing somebody had actually
paid Gregipus some money for those grotesquely overpriced symbols of
the Mommy****er's twisted psyche.

Right, Bobo?

This must put you in quite a bind, Art. You try to say something that's
reasonable, and then George ****s all over your post by posting this
trash. When are guys going to realize it's time to give him his walking
papers?

trotsky

Robert Morein wrote:
"Dogma4e" wrote in message

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:20:40 GMT, trotsky wrote:

Dogma4e wrote:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:39:59 GMT, trotsky wrote:

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

trotsky wrote:

Robert Morein wrote:

A very succinct summary.
It's the personality, not the speakers, which draws the fire.

"Draws fire?" What happened to "catches fire"?

Well, the adhesive you used on the stuffing *is* flammable.

You know, that's interesting: I was assembling a pair of speakers
yesterday, attempting to screw the crossover boards in place, when a
screw got tangled in the insulation and I couldn't get it out. I then
used my Dremel's cutting tool attachment to cut the head of the screw
off. It showered sparks for about 90 seconds continuously, and I
briefly wondered if one of you dumb ****ing *******s might've been
right, and something could catch fire. No, I'm afraid not.

Your "input" has been trash from day one, Joe. At least you had one
moment of clarity when you admitted you were a troll.

And you call that a competent test of the flammability of your
speakers? For Christ's sake, why don't you pony up and bring a set
over to Underwriter's Lab?

Is it "straw man" or "straw mouse" in your case? Are you saying the
dumb ****ing *******s that I mentioned look for UL listings to buy

speakers?

No. I say product liability underwriters look for it, as do owners of
companies that want some legal cover and some peace of mind against
causing some irrevocable damage.

And did I read that wrong, or did you just identify your target
customers as "dumb ****ing *******s"?

That's what I heard, and it explains a lot.

People "concerned" with the flammability of speakers are the dumb
****ing *******s, Bob. That includes you and the anonymouse.

trotsky

Robert Morein wrote:
"Michael Mckelvy" wrote in message

"trotsky" wrote in message

Robert Morein wrote:

A very succinct summary.
It's the personality, not the speakers, which draws the fire.

"Draws fire?" What happened to "catches fire"? It blows my mind that a
bunch of supposedly grown men sit around and talk trash in this manner.
And, of course, you Bob are the biggest hypocrite of them
all--although that's admittedly a long list. Dogging me with your Brian
McCarty like tactics--amazing. I suppose you're already getting your
just desserts because you're such a bad writer; misery loves company.
The only consolation I have is that even a whole newsgroup of beatoffs
and anonymice can't stand toe to toe with me. Oh, and that I've got an
excellent product and you don't. That's got to really burn you, eh Bob?

They've stood toe to toe and beat the living **** out of you. You're just
to stupid to know it.

That, of course, is why my conscience is clear.
If he should start to feel some hurt, we could credit ourselves for bringing
Trotsky out of his emotional coma.

Bob, are you now claiming Mickey's speakers blew up and burned people's
faces off? How much of a patsy are you trying to play the poor dumb
******* for?

trotsky

Robert Morein wrote:
"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
ink.net...

Dogma4e wrote:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:18:38 -0400, George M. Middius
wrote:

Dogma4e said:

[snip]

Please don't encourage Mc****head.

It doesn't look like he needs much encouragement. Matter of fact, it
is pretty interesting to watch the dynamic of Jupiter Audio's
presentation here at RAO. If you look at the first few dozen posts in
the original "Here It Is" thread, the vast majority were encouraging
and even respectful of gerg's effort. If gerg had somehow undergone a
personality transplant, he probably could have gathered good
suggestions on how to market and improve his product,

Actually, many people, including myself gave him advice. He stuck his
head in the sand and refused to listen.

Second that.
Greg, don't use your cordless screwdriver around glued-in stuffing.
You might get your finger caught in the stuffing-cum-glue, and be forced to
think of a solution.

Bob, I turn out a damned good product. You, on the other hand, are
ashamed of yours. Who's hiding his head in the sand?

Again, being a chronic hypocrite is no way to live. Middius can attest
to that.

trotsky

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"George M. Middius" wrote in message
news

Sockpuppet Yustabe said:

When I want misery, I'll just listen to a pair of Europas.

How do you know? You have never heard any.

I think he means he'd experience misery knowing somebody had actually
paid Gregipus some money for those grotesquely overpriced symbols of
the Mommy****er's twisted psyche.

Right, Bobo?

That would be part of it.

Another aspect would be the misery of being the only person who ever
actually purchased a pair, albeit through an intermediary.

They might not sound too good either, note.

The only information we have is second hand, i.e. Dave's incomplete report,
which was not all that bad, but not indicating that they were gangbusters,
either.

Is this accurate dave? Stephen?

For the record, Art, I think dave realized that they were something
special, but had a hard time communicating that fact. One indicator is
when he stopped "the Devil" dead in his tracks by telling him they were
better than Maggies that he'd heard.

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

trotsky wrote:

Robert Morein wrote:

[...]

Of course you didn't, anonymouse. Those "concerned" (read: lying sacks
of cow dung) with the flammability of speakers are the dumb ****ing
*******s. You're an anonymouse, so you're probably not to good with the
English language--Bob Morion claims to be a professional writer, and has
no excuse.

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:
trotsky wrote:

You know, that's interesting: I was assembling a pair of speakers
yesterday, attempting to screw the crossover boards in place, when a
screw got tangled in the insulation and I couldn't get it out. I then
used my Dremel's cutting tool attachment to cut the head of the screw
off. It showered sparks for about 90 seconds continuously, and I
briefly wondered if one of you dumb ****ing *******s might've been
right, and something could catch fire. No, I'm afraid not.

I said adhesive. Obviously, you are using it correctly.
Me? I've never heard of a speaker catching fire. The other
people are razzing you - because even Bose crud doesn't catch fire.

Oh, they're razzing me? Who knew? So you're saying they're a bunch of
miserable, filthy, slimy trolls too? Mickey, did you hear what Joe
Oberlander just called you?

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:
Dogma4e wrote:

And you call that a competent test of the flammability of your
speakers? For Christ's sake, why don't you pony up and bring a set
over to Underwriter's Lab? I think they're in your neck of the woods.
Take a schematic. They will overdrive them for several hours, measure
delta T, and if they don't blow up you will have a UL listing.
Probably cost you about $2,400, and they'll let you pay ove time.
They'll want to inspect your cough, cough... factory, but they've seen
worse.

Good point, actually. We all missed this. If I was selling speakers,
I'd get them tested.

Joe, don't you think the jig is up on the trolling?

Rich Andrews

dave weil wrote in
:

Joseph Oberlander wrote:
trotsky wrote:

Robert Morein wrote:

A very succinct summary.
It's the personality, not the speakers, which draws the fire.

"Draws fire?" What happened to "catches fire"?

Well, the adhesive you used on the stuffing *is* flammable.

You know, that's interesting: I was assembling a pair of speakers
yesterday, attempting to screw the crossover boards in place, when a
screw got tangled in the insulation and I couldn't get it out. I then
used my Dremel's cutting tool attachment to cut the head of the screw
off. It showered sparks for about 90 seconds continuously, and I
briefly wondered if one of you dumb ****ing *******s might've been
right, and something could catch fire. No, I'm afraid not.

This will be the special edition pair, right?

That shower of sparks is a relatively low temperature occurance. Try
placing a sheet of paper in the direct path sometime. You will be
surprised.

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:
trotsky wrote:

Is it "straw man" or "straw mouse" in your case? Are you saying the
dumb ****ing *******s that I mentioned look for UL listings to buy
speakers?

I wouldn't buy anything electric powered like your subwoofer without
a UL sticker on it.

How do you think the amp section gets imported into this country without
a UL rating? Or are you just trolling?

trotsky

trotsky wrote:

You know, that's interesting: I was assembling a pair of speakers
yesterday, attempting to screw the crossover boards in place, when a
screw got tangled in the insulation and I couldn't get it out. I then
used my Dremel's cutting tool attachment to cut the head of the screw
off. It showered sparks for about 90 seconds continuously, and I
briefly wondered if one of you dumb ****ing *******s might've been
right, and something could catch fire. No, I'm afraid not.

I said adhesive. Obviously, you are using it correctly.
Me? I've never heard of a speaker catching fire. The other
people are razzing you - because even Bose crud doesn't catch fire.

Although the razzing of Trotsky is much more than he deserves, he has
brought it upon himself by his own unreasonable and impulsive behavior.

Did I miss something, Art? Are you giving a free pass that like to
"joke" about people ****ing their family members, dead or alive? Please
pull your foot out of your mouth this time.

trotsky

George M. Middius wrote:

Sockpuppet Yustabe said:

Although the razzing of Trotsky is much more than he deserves

I believe you made a trotsky anti-reality error there. Should read:

"the razzing of Trotsky is exactly what he deserves"

No charge.

Like I said, Art, George is ****ting all over your posts.

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

trotsky wrote:

Robert Morein wrote:

A very succinct summary.
It's the personality, not the speakers, which draws the fire.

"Draws fire?" What happened to "catches fire"?

Well, the adhesive you used on the stuffing *is* flammable.

You know, that's interesting: I was assembling a pair of speakers
yesterday, attempting to screw the crossover boards in place, when a
screw got tangled in the insulation and I couldn't get it out. I then
used my Dremel's cutting tool attachment to cut the head of the screw
off. It showered sparks for about 90 seconds continuously, and I
briefly wondered if one of you dumb ****ing *******s might've been
right, and something could catch fire. No, I'm afraid not.

This will be the special edition pair, right?

dave, I feel bad for you. You keep wanting to put your best foot
forward, and instead wind up sucking the dicks of trolls every time.

dave weil

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:22:43 GMT, trotsky wrote:

For the record, Art, I think dave realized that they were something
special, but had a hard time communicating that fact.

You're wrong, of course.

Just as you were wrong in saying that the review had already taken
three weeks before the process was ended.

trotsky

Rich Andrews wrote:
dave weil wrote in
:

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

trotsky wrote:

Robert Morein wrote:

[...]

I would be surprised by the number of speakers with pieces of paper
stuck in side of them, yes.

trotsky

dave weil wrote:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:22:43 GMT, trotsky wrote:

For the record, Art, I think dave realized that they were something
special, but had a hard time communicating that fact.

You're wrong, of course.

Wrong about what, dave? If you say the speakers are better than 95%
percent of the speakers on the market, and people still say that you
didn't think that they were that good, you did a **** poor job of
communicating how good the speakers really are. A train wreck.

Just as you were wrong in saying that the review had already taken
three weeks before the process was ended.

Zzzz/

dave weil

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:26:43 GMT, trotsky wrote:

Just as you were wrong in saying that the review had already taken
three weeks before the process was ended.

Zzzz/

Acknowlegement that you lied noted.

So don't trot out that saw that you trot out occasionally that you
nver lie.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

trotsky wrote:

[...]

I think that a verbal trashing of your speakers is a much
more serious matter than allegations of your mommy ****ing.