Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Will a brand new Clarion MP3 Player work with an existing clarion cd changer?

I have a clarion unit already installed in my Fiat Coupe, the head unit

is a clarion cassette player, with a cd changer mounted in the boot, I
have a majority of my stuff on MP3 CD now, and although I'm not a
clarion fan particularly, the easiest solution would be to buy a new
Clarion MP3 Head unit, with cd changer support, so I can put all my old

cd's in the changer and the MP3's in the front.

Without running down to the car to get the model numbers, should a new
clarion head unit be compatible with a 4 year old clarion changer? or
did they change the type of connections since? if needed I can supply
the exact model number.

Austin

UK

Posted to rec.audio.car
spongehead

As far as I know, the connections havnt changed in years. I have an
old cd changer and the plugs are the same in my newer HU.
But, to be sure, take the plugs from the cd changer and use like silly
putty or something and make a mold of the connection. When you look at
the back of the new HU, you can see right then if it will fit.

Posted to rec.audio.car
sniper99

If it is a factory changer, this usually does not work with aftermarket
radios.

Clarion changers came in 2 types, Z and C bus, so you may want to
verify and confirm the sizing with any Clarion cd changer controlling
head unit.

http://www.autotoys.com

Posted to rec.audio.car
Simon Dean

sniper99 wrote:
If it is a factory changer, this usually does not work with aftermarket
radios.

Clarion changers came in 2 types, Z and C bus, so you may want to
verify and confirm the sizing with any Clarion cd changer controlling
head unit.

Ugh? CeNet and C-Bus you mean (not Z Bus) C-Bus being a round 13 pin
Din, and Ce-Net being a squarish plug. CeNet head unit can control a
C-Bus changer, if you buy the right hardware.