joe.ker

Default speaker fit(s)

"Mikey" wrote in message
In my Grand Caravan, some sites say 5x7, but crutchfield says a 6x9 will
fit in
the doors,and doesn't even add in an adapter for fit. Do you folks know
any
different? If I can have 6x9's of course there are many and better choices
and I
won't need to add a sub. Also, I will be crossing over a 5 1/4 in the dash
whatever goes in the door at 250hz, and running the door down to either 50
or 70
hz, depending on what fits.

What year is your Caravan?

joe.ker

"Mikey" wrote in message

"Mikey" wrote in message
In my Grand Caravan, some sites say 5x7, but crutchfield says a 6x9 will
fit in
the doors,and doesn't even add in an adapter for fit. Do you folks know
any
different? If I can have 6x9's of course there are many and better
choices
and I
won't need to add a sub. Also, I will be crossing over a 5 1/4 in the
dash
whatever goes in the door at 250hz, and running the door down to either
50
or 70
hz, depending on what fits.

What year is your Caravan?

2002

Best as I recall, some of those vehicles have a 6x9 woofer's in the doors
and other have a grill but no speakers. If I remember right the speaker is
molded into the plastic housing, so some kind of adapter is needed. You may
be able to make something, but it needs to spaced out or the speaker magnet
will hit the window.