Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Gary's Hum - the wave file

"Luxey" wrote in message

On Tuesday, 31 March 2015 00:29:21 UTC+2, Mike Rivers wrote:
In addition, or in parallel, it is possible that the Bass Players amp
input socket is damaged, so that removing the jack plug no longer causes
the input socket to short and mute the input

How many amplifiers do that? It sounds like a good idea but I didn't
know it was a common implementation.

Guess his idea is - the air gap, one you get when the cable is unplugged,
between two input jack prongs will stop the current from flowing around.
Hope you found it funny, the explanation above.

Gary's amp sound as if the cable was unplugged from the instrument,
not from the amp. Gareth knows that's stupid thing to do, so he does not
even
take it to consideration, he does not know whom he's dealing with, so he
proposes there's something wrong with the input jack, which is not overly
valid
in itself, but is as good as any wild guess out there.

The majority of guitar amplifiers have a switching input jack socket that
grounds the input when a jack plug is not connected.
When this ground connection fails due to damage to the jack socket, the amps
can and do make a lot of noise with nothing plugged in, particularly if it
is a guitar amp on a distortion channel.

I fix these things a lot, I know that this is in fact a common problem, and
I know how loud the symptoms can be.
This is not a wild guess.

And yes, anyone who unplugs a guitar lead from the guitar, and not the amp,
and wonders why it is making a load of noise, must be totally clueless.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Hey, cool, it is an educated guess, OK. And yes, you are right about that
grounding prong, I was stupid enough to forget about it.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

3:37 AMLuxey sat on the toilet and spouted:

".... For along time I resist writing
this, but what I really miss in all this Gary to thekma to JackA crap is that
Somearewrecked chap with his egoistic ****. Sometimes I can almost feel his
presence in thekma's posts. "

Wanna talk about me - SAY IT TO ME DIRECTLY, FUXey!

(pardon me folks, but his intolerance of alternative ideas pushed me to
this point)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

thekmathakmathekmathwakmathickma @ gmail.com wrote in message
3:37 AMLuxey sat on the toilet and spouted:

".... For along time I resist writing
this, but what I really miss in all this Gary to thekma to JackA
crap is that
Somearewrecked chap with his egoistic ****. Sometimes I can almost
feel his
presence in thekma's posts. "

Wanna talk about me - SAY IT TO ME DIRECTLY, FUXey!

Did somebody rile that dum**** thekma?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
And yes, anyone who unplugs a guitar lead from the guitar, and not
the amp, and wonders why it is making a load of noise, must be
totally clueless.

Eickmeier!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

On Tuesday, 31 March 2015 11:58:22 UTC+2, wrote:

Wanna talk about me - SAY IT TO ME DIRECTLY, FUXey!

What's your problem, you don't enjoy the company of your fellow obsessed?
Think you're better, somehow? Talk it among yourselves, leave me alone.
Further, again you are acting from some plural state of mind.
Come back ASAP, maybe it's still not all lost.

Further, this is public forum, this newsgroup, anything anybody write is for
everybody to read, including you. There's no way I could be more direct and
more 1 on 1 with you than I already am, or you'd me to start each sentence
with "thekma, ..."

Oh, yes, "FUXey", not bad, implies I ****ed lots of women and still do.
Good.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

And yes, anyone who unplugs a guitar lead from the guitar, and not the
amp, and wonders why it is making a load of noise, must be totally
clueless.

Gareth, please leave that kind of remark to the kids, None, Luxey etc. These
tests were not about how to use a bass guitar, and I did not propose that
the way to go is to unplug it from its connector. If you don't understand
what this was all about, just go back and re-read this thread and
"Microphone Rumble" from the 19th. Briefly, I encountered a throbbing hum
type noise in a recording session and I wanted to figure out what it was. I
went back to the church a couple of times to try every combination of cable
and mount and microphone plus church equipment on and off to see if I could
scare up the same situation and nail it. The cable unplugged was accidental
but possibly an answer, so I left it in the test.

But it was a test only, not me playing the guitar with the cable unplugged.

Gary

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
k...
"Gary Eickmeier" skrev i en meddelelse
news

"JackA" wrote in message

Jack

What? Who the **** are you?

Ah, he is the resident troll, he is the one twit-filtering was invented
for. It way enough to see his posts when quoted.

Gary

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Well, it works for me with None and Luxey. Does anyone know who they are?
Are they teenagers? I count the trolls as the ones who are here just to lurk
and throw spitballs and do not do any actual work or projects. We are not
likely to see a new CD called "The Micky D Kids Meal Concerto" recorded by
Luxey on his iPhone.

It's amazing how close the correlation between the trolls and the
pseudonyms.

Gary

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Garry, you fool, for better or worse, I introduced my self and my work, here on
this group, more than 15 years ago, both on line and on CD, it included examples of proffessional work, as well as personal and artistic experiments, colaborations
and (lo fi) off shots. If anybody knows/ remembers what it was and how it sounded
is not of my concern, by any means.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
news

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

And yes, anyone who unplugs a guitar lead from the guitar, and not
the amp, and wonders why it is making a load of noise, must be
totally clueless.

Gareth, please leave that kind of remark to the kids, None, Luxey
etc.

I knew it! It wasnt a real plonk; it was a Sears plonk. You miss me.
You think about me, you post about me. Even without Luxey and me,
people are still pointing out your cluelessness. And rather that
acquiring a clue, you resort to whining. Classic.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
Well, it works for me with None and Luxey. Does anyone know who they
are?

Yes, you definitely still miss me. And you're asking other people to
investigate me. Ask thekma; he's got the NSA, MI6, and man from
U.N.C.L.E. chasing me down.

Are they teenagers? I count the trolls as the ones who are here just
to lurk and throw spitballs and do not do any actual work or
projects.

You have no evidence to support that, so the Eickmeier Assumption
Machine roars into action. I mock you, you dont like it, so
therefore, I do not do any actual projects. That's the kind of
demented "logic" that substitutes for critical thinking in that weird
little brain of yours Thanks for the laugh, clown.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

Jack

What? Who the **** are you?

Ah, he is the resident troll, he is the one twit-filtering was invented
for. It way enough to see his posts when quoted.

Gary

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Well, it works for me with None and Luxey. Does anyone know who they are?
Are they teenagers? I count the trolls as the ones who are here just to lurk
and throw spitballs and do not do any actual work or projects. We are not
likely to see a new CD called "The Micky D Kids Meal Concerto" recorded by
Luxey on his iPhone.

It's amazing how close the correlation between the trolls and the
pseudonyms.

Gary

I do not know who they are, but they have lighten up on me for unknown reasons. However, I am disappointed in you tagging me a TROLL, just because others may have suggested it. Some "trolls" are actually the best help, as I discovered, so I don't tag anyone. I'm the type person, even if we never agree on a single subject, I'm still willing to shake hands. Just like with Randy, I said "Thank you", even though he felt my BS&T MP3 sucked!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:

"Gray_Wolf" skrev i en meddelelse

I recorded the sound from your site while it played. My sound card
will let me record any sound that's being played on my system. I am
curious what was going on at the time the recording was being made. In
particular the changing of the hum level.

Hypothesis:

Distance from some person to bass guitar varies, hum vanishes when strings
are touched by player. Cause of hum: incomplete ground connnection on bass
guitar.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Common with single coil electromagnetic pickups, and often sensitive to
compass orientation.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

On 3/27/2015 1:53 AM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I was still working on the Dropbox thing - re-upped my
membership and found it all different from before. But when you send a file
to someone the person has to sign in or sign up for Dropbox, then WinRar -
what the hell is that?

You can set up a Public folder in Dropbox (it's actually set up
automatically). Files that you put in that folder are automatically
uploaded to a Dropbox server and are assigned a "public link." If you
post that link, anyone can click on it and download a copy of the file.

Ahh, technology, and the opportunity to Read The Furnished Materials.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Very educaitonal - if you have not done this yourself, stay tuned.

From the kindergartener to the PHD, comes crap like that. Whew.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

Jack

What? Who the **** are you?

Ah, he is the resident troll, he is the one twit-filtering was invented
for. It way enough to see his posts when quoted.

Gary

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Well, it works for me with None and Luxey. Does anyone know who they are?
Are they teenagers? I count the trolls as the ones who are here just to lurk
and throw spitballs and do not do any actual work or projects. We are not
likely to see a new CD called "The Micky D Kids Meal Concerto" recorded by
Luxey on his iPhone.

It's amazing how close the correlation between the trolls and the
pseudonyms.

Gary

As a boderline troll here, Gary, and one who is a newcomer to the board,
you have insufficient experience with the well-informed answers both of
those people have contributed over the years they have been
participating. They are both well beyond you in matters of audio
recording and production.

They slap at you because, honestly, we rarely see one so entitled with
their own ill informed opinions as are you. Many of us are amazed at
your inability to pay attention, your inability to follow advice, and
your attendant arrogance over that of whcih you obviously know so
little. You didn't ehlp yourself one bit with that ignorant bull****
about speakers, and lauding your Bring Other Sound Equipment kit.

I do not consider those two trolls, never have, and never will. I have
thought you a trosl from the gitgo and only recently come to the
conclusion that you are sincere with your posts, not that such makes you
more inclined to seek understanding of fundamentals.

We are more likely to see a symphony composed on an iPhone from either
or both of them than we are to see you making audio sense. Given a good
little stereo mic to plug into an iPhone we are also likely to see
either of them make a better live recording with that rig than we are to
hear the same from you with your kit.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic

Wave file analysis Chris M[_3_] Pro Audio 3 December 22nd 07 01:31 PM
ADDING static to a wave file. pauly Pro Audio 11 June 13th 05 03:15 PM
How to convert file BWF into wave or mp3 ? k34 Tech 4 May 20th 05 02:52 AM
1-Bit Wave File? Curious Tech 223 May 28th 04 10:49 PM
wave file to cd r Randy General 3 January 15th 04 05:57 PM