Posted to rec.audio.car
zered zered is offline

Default My audiocar can't read cdrw

Hi everybody,

I have a Kenwood audio car mp3. For few months it could read cdrw with
mp3. And now it can't, the same cdrw...

What can I do before change it or repare it ?

Thanx
Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Oct 28, 2:08 pm, zered wrote:

I have a Kenwood audio car mp3. For few months it could read cdrw with
mp3. And now it can't, the same cdrw...

What can I do before change it or repare it ?

Call Kenwood.

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"zered" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I have a Kenwood audio car mp3. For few months it could read cdrw with
mp3. And now it can't, the same cdrw...

What can I do before change it or repare it ?

Thanx

I would try using a CD lens cleaner. there may be dust particles on the lens
that is not letting the unit read the disc's right

Posted to rec.audio.car
zered zered is offline

e-nigma a écrit :
"zered" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I have a Kenwood audio car mp3. For few months it could read cdrw with
mp3. And now it can't, the same cdrw...

What can I do before change it or repare it ?

Thanx

I would try using a CD lens cleaner. there may be dust particles on the lens
that is not letting the unit read the disc's right

Hi,

I have tried it. But this mp3 player is 18 months old. I have read about
3 CDRW (same discs !!!) and one day, error 03 (i think).

Thanx for your advise

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"zered" wrote in message
e-nigma a écrit :
"zered" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I have a Kenwood audio car mp3. For few months it could read cdrw with
mp3. And now it can't, the same cdrw...

What can I do before change it or repare it ?

Thanx

I would try using a CD lens cleaner. there may be dust particles on the
lens that is not letting the unit read the disc's right

Hi,

I have tried it. But this mp3 player is 18 months old. I have read about 3
CDRW (same discs !!!) and one day, error 03 (i think).

Thanx for your advise

Does it read songs on CDRW that are just regular music? not MP3

Posted to rec.audio.car
zered zered is offline

e-nigma a écrit :
"zered" wrote in message
e-nigma a écrit :
"zered" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I have a Kenwood audio car mp3. For few months it could read cdrw with
mp3. And now it can't, the same cdrw...

What can I do before change it or repare it ?

Thanx
I would try using a CD lens cleaner. there may be dust particles on the
lens that is not letting the unit read the disc's right

Hi,

I have tried it. But this mp3 player is 18 months old. I have read about 3
CDRW (same discs !!!) and one day, error 03 (i think).

Thanx for your advise

Does it read songs on CDRW that are just regular music? not MP3

Oh yes, I didn't tried this !

I'll try it tomorrow.

I'll be back !
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I would try using a CD lens cleaner. there may be dust particles on the
lens
that is not letting the unit read the disc's right

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say. I have had several CD/DVD players
that were acting screwy and I used a lens cleaner and afterwards they worked
fine.

Radio Shack sells one (the one I have) for about $5 I believe. It
definitely has helped me.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
zered zered is offline

zered a écrit :
e-nigma a écrit :
"zered" wrote in message
e-nigma a écrit :
"zered" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I have a Kenwood audio car mp3. For few months it could read cdrw
with mp3. And now it can't, the same cdrw...

What can I do before change it or repare it ?

Thanx
I would try using a CD lens cleaner. there may be dust particles on
the lens that is not letting the unit read the disc's right
Hi,

I have tried it. But this mp3 player is 18 months old. I have read
about 3 CDRW (same discs !!!) and one day, error 03 (i think).

Thanx for your advise

Does it read songs on CDRW that are just regular music? not MP3

Oh yes, I didn't tried this !

I'll try it tomorrow.

I'll be back !

Hi everybody,

I've tried to burn an audio cd on my CDRW and I have a message error on
the screen of my audio car.

As I have said I have used a lens cleaner disc as soon as I see this
problem.

A CD audio (bought in store) is read without problem.

Do you think I can repair that or it's better to buy another machine ?

Thanx

Posted to rec.audio.car
zered zered is offline

Does you machine state it is able to read CDRW disks?

Some CD players will not read CDRW disks, or certain brands of CDRW
disks. If your machine is supposed to read CDRW try switching brands of
CDRW that use a different dye formulation. Look at the color of the
disk recording surface. I suggest picking a brand/formulation that is a
light green or very pale blue color vs the dark blue.

HTH

Hi,

as I said, at the beginning I have used my CDRW with no problems with
mp3 files. But now it's impossible with SAME CDRW with mp3 or in audio
cd mode. I have clean (with a disc) the lens.

It was ok, it's not ok.

Yhanx
Posted to rec.audio.car
zered zered is offline

Elder a écrit :

Is the CDRW very scratched from over use.
Have you tried giving the disc a full erase rather than a quick erase
before burning (one takes about 1 minutes, the other takes about
30minutes)?

Hi,

I have tried it and... error "e-05". :-(

Could I change my car player ?

Thanx