Posted to rec.audio.car
Mike Mills Mike Mills is offline

Default Want: Car stereo with DVD, MP3 _and_ AAC, plus Bluetooth A2DP

I'm looking for a new car stereo, and am curious if there are any out
there or on the horizon that include the following:

* AAC support (in addition to MP3's). Now that I can de-DRM my iTunes
songs with QTFairUse6 ....

* DVD support (I don't care too much about video, I mostly would like to
playback MP3 and AAC audio files.) Ideally, it would support dual-layer
discs.

* Bluetooth A2DP support...for both hands-free purposes as well as
streaming music from an A2DP-compliant music player/phone (I'm pretty
sure an upcoming iPod/iPhone will support this in 2007)

The JVC Exad KD-AVX2 would be perfect if it had Bluetooth and AAC
support. Anyone know if JVC is coming out with any new models "soon"?

Any other ideas? Although I'm itching to buy, I can wait a few months
if there may be a close fit on the horizon...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mike

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tha Merryman Tha Merryman is offline

I suppose you could just install a pc in your car like this:
https://www.timekiller.org/carpc/index.php
Maybe have a DVD drive underneath the screen..... That would take care
of your format problems and you would have bluetooth support. But such
a project might require more time and effort than you're willing to put
into this.

On Dec 6, 11:28 pm, Mike Mills wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mike Mills Mike Mills is offline

I'm sorry, did you have a point? I thought the purpose of this
newsgroup was to share information with others that have an interest
in...car audio.

I know that it may _seem_ that I'm asking for a lot, but guess what -
several stereos come close already. --- Moreover, I figured some of
you might be better-informed than I about what might be coming down the
road in the next few months. ---

Like I said, the Exad comes close, as does the Pioneer 980BT (except it
is CD instead of DVD).

I'm sure you like listening to your Britney Spears tunes over your
crappy FM iPod adaptor, but some of us would like to do better than that.

I mean, really, what the **** is your problem? Are you an idiot? Does
it make you feel "smart" posting silly one-line rejoinders? Your
response might have been more effective if what I had asked for REALLY
WAS outrageous. But again, the Pioneer 980BT has what I want minus DVD.
The Exad has it minus AAC and BlueTooth.

There are mother****ing idiots on this mother****ing newsgroup.

Mike

Matt Ion wrote:
You want fries with that?

Stereo pads Gareth Magennis Pro Audio 6 December 30th 05 04:01 PM
HT with hi end stereo brooks44 High End Audio 6 December 13th 05 04:50 AM
Is the car stereo industry stagnant? n8 skow Car Audio 9 August 16th 04 11:54 AM
Stereo send to Stereo Reverb Al Garcia Pro Audio 2 December 18th 03 11:18 PM
stolen car stereo and cigarette lighter marshall Car Audio 1 July 3rd 03 06:58 PM