Posted to rec.audio.car
Maus Maus is offline

Default Car stereo wiring question

Hi,

I've got a 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager (or Dodge Grand Caravan in other
words) - LE version.
It has two rear and four front speakers (two on the dashboard, two in
front doors).

Just replaced the old Chrysler car stereo with a new Sony CD MP3 etc.
car stereo.
Cut the old jacks that were plugged into the chrysler car audio and
connected the wires with the jacks provided with the new stereo,
according to labels and specs.

After all, I've got an interesting issue:

everything seem to work fine, but those speakers in the front doors do
not work (and they are a sort of subs I reckon, because they gave a
great bass), and the two rear speakers seem to lack low frequencies
also (it is notable when I move balance to 100% rear - they sound just
like tweeters).

All labeled wires are connected (except the lead for the active or
powered antenna, but it is said in the manual that it can be left
untouched if I do not have one). Not connected is just a 2-wire jack,
that was plugged into the unnamed socket of the old stereo; but these
two wires do not affect anything if connected to the speaker outputs...

Maybe someone have an idea of what is wrong ?

Thanks...

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"Maus" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

There should be a green with orange stripe in the car harness. that is the
remote turn on for the factory amp. you need to hook that wire to the blue
with white stripe on the Sony

Posted to rec.audio.car
Maus Maus is offline

There should be a green with orange stripe in the car harness. that is the
remote turn on for the factory amp. you need to hook that wire to the blue
with white stripe on the Sony

Thank you, I'll check tomorrow if it work.